Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP suddenly forced me to take control and "disappeared" for a while?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same thing happen to me on 2019.12.1.1 last Sunday while drive home at night. Dash said to take over immediately and no cruise control or ap icons were displayed on the dash. After about 5 mins of driving the icons returned and everything worked as expected.

I have had both issues happen and another similar one. One with AP completely broken from the start of the drive, which did not get fixed even with reboot. The only thing that fixed it was pressing shutdown in the service menu and letting the car sit for 20 minutes. The other issue with autopilot quitting in the middle of the drive happened 4 times so far.. looks like a crash of the AP NN... very annoying. Another issue on this firmware that I have had happen twice is AP all of the sudden without prior warning detects that my hands have not been on the wheel for over a minute and starts slowing down, saying it will not be available for the rest of the drive.