Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Earlier delivery dates for newer orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pharaoh83

MYLR MSM - FSD - TOW
Mar 7, 2022
Toronto
I just ordered a MYLR a few days ago. Got a delivery date of August 2022.

Same build now is 3390 more but delivery is May 2022.

Common for this to happen? Is it likely they'll move my date up or theirs back?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220310-002439.png
    Screenshot_20220310-002439.png
    459 KB · Views: 302
I just ordered a MYLR a few days ago. Got a delivery date of August 2022.

Same build now is 3390 more but delivery is May 2022.

Common for this to happen? Is it likely they'll move my date up or theirs back?
Wouldn’t be too concerned… I’m sure the EDD is randomized. Based on what I’ve been following, there’s some sort of high level, “no one can understand”, algorithm in the works or maybe just skynet.

Ordered a Model 3 and it said July-Sep, Its now saying Sep 5th - Oct 31st, but the same build still says July-Sep, really weird
I saw changing the color to a color instead of the 2 free ones made the EDD sooner. If i get the black one it says June-Aug. So I changed the color to black, however that didnt end up changing my EDD, which is sad but nothing i can do about it I guess. Was hoping i could get it sooner than fall but if it says fall then it says fall.

I ordered (red AWD LR) in August 2021......latest date I got is Aug 4 to Sept 15 2022. I wonder if they will keep pushing my delivery back in order to sell cars that were ordered after the price increases.
Check to make sure your trade in and/or finance has not expired. This will cause EDD to keep pushing out until corrected. It is recommended to set trade in to no and payment method to cash so they do not expire. Once you have a VIN, your SA can reset theses for you.

You could be right. When I put my trade in information in and got a quote it expired well before the estimated delivery date. I had to let the quote expire. Nothing obvious that states "Keep doing this or we won't build your car". It just looks like the date keep slipping. Nobody at Tesla reaching out and asking. This seems like a very big flaw. I changed it to cash. I wonder if they'll look at the purchase agreement date and "adjust" my place in line?

You could be right. When I put my trade in information in and got a quote it expired well before the estimated delivery date. I had to let the quote expire. Nothing obvious that states "Keep doing this or we won't build your car". It just looks like the date keep slipping. Nobody at Tesla reaching out and asking. This seems like a very big flaw. I changed it to cash. I wonder if they'll look at the purchase agreement date and "adjust" my place in line?
Same thing happened to me, I got pushed out to June - July with my expired trade in quote and kept getting my EDD extended while I had an open trade on my profile. Finally I just removed the trade from my account. I called Tesla after getting pushed out and had case escalated, then ended up back in April EDD.

my place in line
You don't have a 'place in line'. It can be comforting to think that, by being patient, you will gradually work your way up the line and have your turn. But that's not at all how this works. There is lot's of speculation about how this and that can affect your delivery date but correlation is not causation and everything under the sun has been said to affect this. I think the process is nothing more than pure chaos. The EDDs mean nothing so that rollercoaster is irrelevant. How do you know if and when you will get delivery? You don't. Not even when you get a VIN, as some have gotten that far only to have it snatched away. You will know when you can see it and touch it and not before.