Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program Invite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got one too, same time I think. I put a lot of AP miles on the car, and I'm wondering if they are targeting specific cars to get the type of usage data they're looking for. I'll have to evaluate the pros/cons. Not being able to discuss it on the forums is a drawback. I/we learn a lot from each other.
I've put 16k miles on my Model 3 since May, probably 85-90% of those on AP. No invite :(

I just received an email to the Tesla Early Access Program. I’m wondering if they’re expanding the program. Anyone else get one?
I'm pretty sure the first rule of the early access program is that you don't talk about the early access program...
Correct. I am surprised to read in this thread the number of people who got such an invite and then quickly post on a public forum that they got the invite. Tesla is extending an opportunity to you*. If you don’t want it you can of course decline, but if you accept it the condition is not to discuss it online and on social media.

I understand that those who have posted may not have accepted the invite yet, and therefore are able to discuss it. But I hope that if you accept the Early Access invite you won’t post about your software testing experiences.

* I do not work for Tesla.

Correct. I am surprised to read in this thread the number of people who got such an invite and then quickly post on a public forum that they got the invite. Tesla is extending an opportunity to you*. If you don’t want it you can of course decline, but if you accept it the condition is not to discuss it online and on social media.

I understand that those who have posted may not have accepted the invite yet, and therefore are able to discuss it. But I hope that if you accept the Early Access invite you won’t post about your software testing experiences.

* I do not work for Tesla.

Stating you got the invite or you joined the program in most NDA's is not a violation. BUT stating anything about it and it's content is when the violation kicks in. I can tell you all day long I am in this beta and that beta. Again this is typically the case for most NDA's. Not all. ;-)

Reactions: emorog
13 reported Teslas installed v39.4 so far.

Screen Shot.png

Source: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Hope for a larger rollout by end of week! I'm super excited :D

Reactions: APotatoGod
I'm sure it's fine to say you were invited, no? Discussing the content may be a no-no though.

yes, but some folks here are sensitive to even mentioned the fight club. no big deal if folks ask or ask for opinions regarding joining or not; but some are just very sensitive and should not even mentioned the words early access program (EAP). I'm fine with it so long as your not divulging the things you see.

If i lose my membership cause i asked or have an opinion about joining vs not, then let it be. i'm doing tesla a favor and not the other way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezlah
I'm thinking in my case that I might not join. I drive 330 mi twice a week. Although I would love the new tech, if there's something in it I don't like, I have the better part of 6 hours to continue to suffer through it. Might be better for users who use it for something more like a 1 hour daily commute.

I'm thinking in my case that I might not join. I drive 330 mi twice a week. Although I would love the new tech, if there's something in it I don't like, I have the better part of 6 hours to continue to suffer through it. Might be better for users who use it for something more like a 1 hour daily commute.

valid points...