Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East-coast invite. Non Employee , Model X owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Massachusetts, reserved my 3 day two, MS owner....and I got no invite yet!
Thus far, it looks like only 3/31 reservations are being fulfilled. Yesterday I saw one 4/1 reservation get invited, in CA, so that may be a new wave getting underway in CA as local delivery capacity allows. Regardless, things are finally starting to flow now. Whew.

Thus far, it looks like only 3/31 reservations are being fulfilled. Yesterday I saw one 4/1 reservation get invited, in CA, so that may be a new wave getting underway in CA as local delivery capacity allows. Regardless, things are finally starting to flow now. Whew.
I actually reserved day 2 and configured yesterday. Tennessee.

if we, say lived in PA, but borrowed your address... would ours come faster? We are in MD a lot anyway, and it's the closest service center as well!

PA ones come with CA temp tags anyway, we then have to go to PennDOT and take 2 hours to explain what a "tesla" is to register it...

This wasn't my experience when buying my Model X in 2016. Registration itself was painless/through Tesla, though it didn't come pre-inspected - which meant within 60 days I had to get the car inspected myself. No need to interact with PennDOT at all though.

Tesla cannot do the inspection, they make the vehicle.
That would be like your home building company doing the inspection ;)

I picked my car up, from Tesla, in NJ, in 2014, so maybe it is better by now. I'd still prefer to pickup in MD, as it's closer than Devon, PA.

Tesla cannot do the inspection, they make the vehicle.
That would be like your home building company doing the inspection ;)

I picked my car up, from Tesla, in NJ, in 2014, so maybe it is better by now. I'd still prefer to pickup in MD, as it's closer than Devon, PA.

What I mean is that every other car I've purchased from a dealership in PA, you end up getting the first set of inspection stickers/exempt tags that cover that whole first year when you take delivery - there's no separate step of getting the car inspected when you buy it.