Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to control multiple model 3 from my tesla app on my own phone but other model 3 owners cannot control my model 3 from my phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

Currently I own a model 3.

I am getting two new model 3 for my parents and son as gift this year since there is good end of year deal going on. The cars will register under their names. I want to control their model 3's from my tesla app on my own phone in addition to my own model 3 but I do not want them to control my model 3 from their own Tesal app from their own phone? How can I set it up properly ?

Also I don’t think you can order a car with another name through your own account.

The registration must match the name on your Tesla account. You might be able to add them as a second owner? Other wise you’ll have to buy and register the car under your name first and transfer ownership (aka “sell”) the car through your local DMV to re-register it in their names.

I will have 2 x model 3 cars under my tesla profile account as the main owner. I would like to give access of both model 3 to my wife so she can control both model 3 cars herself from her app. Is it possible for her to have mobile to two different model 3 even though she is non owner of them?

I will have 2 x model 3 cars under my tesla profile account as the main owner. I would like to give access of both model 3 to my wife so she can control both model 3 cars herself from her app. Is it possible for her to have mobile to two different model 3 even though she is non owner of them?

I moved this to this thread (instead of the new thread you created), because its the same question and same set of answers. Ensure she has her own Tesla account and add her as an additional driver on each car.

Also I don’t think you can order a car with another name through your own account.

The registration must match the name on your Tesla account. You might be able to add them as a second owner? Other wise you’ll have to buy and register the car under your name first and transfer ownership (aka “sell”) the car through your local DMV to re-register it in their names.
Not correct. Both my car and my wife’s were purchased via my account, but my wife’s car is registered under her name.

The OP can purchase the new cars using their account, and add their parents and son as additional drivers, which will accomplish what they want.

Reactions: E90alex