Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy Entry - Seating position drifting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm noticing that my seat and steering wheel slowly drift out of position every time I enter the car. Not by a lot, maybe 1/8"-1/4" each time. But over the course of just a few days my seat and steering wheel are off by inches from where they were originally set. It feels like the seat isn't fully returning from the Easy Entry position.

Anyone else notice this? Not the end of the world but definitely a gripe since I'm having to readjust my seat every few days. I've got a mobile service appointment at the end of the week so I'm going to see if the tech has any thoughts when they come.

Someone posted on here a while back about this issue. He used to tape to confirm it was happening. I have to adjust my seat every few days. Also had the left mirror completely out of whack for no reason the other day. That was a new one .I have submitted a bug report through the car every time. Hopefully they will get it straightened out.

Someone posted on here a while back about this issue. He used to tape to confirm it was happening. I have to adjust my seat every few days. Also had the left mirror completely out of whack for no reason the other day. That was a new one .I have submitted a bug report through the car every time. Hopefully they will get it straightened out.
I turned off the auto tilt because it wouldn't move back to the correct spot. Didn't matter how many times I saved the settings. I think it was moving the driver's mirror back to the Easy Entry position instead of my profile. Definitely a bug somewhere.

Dang. I was hoping I was the only one having the problem. Hope it is a software fix. Other vehicles I've had with multiple driver profiles seem to find the correct position each time.

For the seats to correctly return to the set position I'd guess that they have to index off some datum each time they adjust or periodically, otherwise I don't see how you fix the problem long term.