Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat profile position not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone find their driver profile not retaining the seat position. Every single time I get in my Y it fails to remember my seat position. I always have to re-adjust the seat, then click Save profile changes. Yet the next time I get in the car it is back to default position. On top of that the default Easy Entry position seems to get more and more ridiculous after every software update. I'm practically laying down when getting in the car now

I'm not sure if we're having the same issue, but if we are then all you have to do is select your profile again. For me, it's not that it forgot my seat position, it's that it didn't switch to it when it selected my profile.
That's exactly what I'm experiencing. It seemed to be working perfectly until the 2023.20.7 update.

Now when I'm getting in, I see it showing Saving over my profile name briefly and then it will show my profile is selected, but it does not adjust the seat position or steering wheel. Manually selecting my profile again causes it to adjust to the correct positions.

My wife has been experiencing the same trouble. She also said it will sometimes adjust if you put it in reverse without making any changes. I haven't tried that myself since I can barely fit in when it's adjusted to her positions.

I haven't tried rebooting yet, which a friend told me often fixes random weirdness.

Upvote 0
Rebooting doesn't fix this issue. I noticed last time that it happened that while my profile had the green checkmark, my wife's profile was still in bold.

You're right, rebooting didn't help at all.

I think I may have found the solution though! From memory, so hopefully the steps are correct...

First, I went to Controls > Locks and clicked the little person icon on my phone key, which I believe unlinked my profile. Then I closed out of there and went to my profile at the top, manage driver profiles, and it showed I could link it to a phone key. Clicking that brought me back to the Locks screen, where I clicked the person icon and re-linked my profile to my key.

It's been working fine switching back and forth between myself and my wife for several trips now!

Upvote 0
More detail:

On the vehicle touchscreen:
Touch Locks
Under keys you will find the keys associated with the vehicle

Under the highlighted key you will find:
Active/type of key/Profile

If profile is not correct:

At the top of the screen click the profile next to the sentry button) to get the profile menu and select the correct profile. It will automatically be saved

Then click the person icon next to the highlighted key to associate the selected profile with the key

Upvote 0