Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"eCall emergency call system requires service" Alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 LR AWD. This message popped up shortly after I took delivery 2 days ago and will not go away. I have tried several resets by holding the brake pedal and steering wheel buttons with no help. I also tried powering off the car for a while but no help either.

My internet research tells me that this eCall system isn't even available on US cars. I am in Cincinnati. People based in Europe have been able to clear this fault be doing a reset or powering down the car but it doesn't work for me. I have a Service Center appointment but it's not for several days so I was hoping the wise people here might have an answer. It doesn't effect the car's drivability in any way but the message is always present.

My car was delivered with software 2020.47.103 when the fault first showed but the car updated last night to 2021.4.12. The fault is still there even after trying the resets again.

IMG_0219.JPG

You may have to do a hard reset by removing the rear seat and removing the 12v contractor connector. Simple to do when you follow these MPP instructions. I’ve had to do this to clear the Ohmmu battery error and also the Dashcam/Sentry mode bug. But since the car is new, just wait for your appointment so that Tesla can clear it for you.

One last thing, Tesla is able to run a diagnostics to fix these types of issues and reboot the car over the air, let’s hope they can do this today. When you do pick-up the car from the Service Center, ask them what was it they did to fit this program.

Tesla Service was able to fix the issue remotely. The technician called me to verify the fix and told me that the car had a feature in the software that was set to "True" even though that feature isn't available in the US.

While I'm not sure how this could have happened I do love that it was fixed while the car was parked in my garage. Hopefully this helps anyone who is researching this in the future.

FYI, same issue with my car. Came on first drive after taking delivery. I have an appointment at the local SC for some other things so hope they can take care of it while the car is there. Thanks for posting about this and letting you know you're not the only one with the problem.

Reactions: Habu
FYI, same issue with my car. Came on first drive after taking delivery. I have an appointment at the local SC for some other things so hope they can take care of it while the car is there. Thanks for posting about this and letting you know you're not the only one with the problem.
I had the following intermittently not working when waking the car:
"GPS not working at all, Day/night detection stuck in previous, reversing cameras (possibly all cameras), "eCall emergency needs service".
Often they'll start working again after 5-15 minutes.
Car has been in for service and they believe they've detected a fault - might be same issue as yours. It's a "ground fault" in the computers at the top of the windscreen. The guy said he dissassembled it and found oxidation on the wire that connects to ground. He's retested the car waking 3 times and thinks it's fine now.
Mine is a SR+ manufactured in USA in late 2020.

Reactions: Ron_M3
"GPS not working at all, Day/night detection stuck in previous, reversing cameras (possibly all cameras), "eCall emergency needs service".
Car has been in for service and they believe they've detected a fault - might be same issue as yours. It's a "ground fault" in the computers at the top of the windscreen. The guy said he dissassembled it and found oxidation on the wire that connects to ground. He's retested the car waking 3 times and thinks it's fine now.
I probably should have sent a follow up. In my case, as the previous post I responded to said:

"The technician called me to verify the fix and told me that the car had a feature in the software that was set to "True" even though that feature isn't available in the US."

The car was in service for a couple other things and they re-flashed the firmware to fix it.

The problem with my car was actually a totally different issue! The above might have been a problem one day - but was not the cause of all my issues. See a thread I just posted about "intermittent fault for 12 months".

Reactions: Ron_M3