Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edinburgh Collections

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m the 24th also at 10am - my EST loan has cleared and in the bank as of Thursday last week so i’d also be happy to take the car earlier let us know if you have any success - don’t know if they do Sundays but don’t see why not given the amount of cars they are going to have to shift in the next few weeks.....

Yeah not the easiest of processes dealing with govt people, biggest issue I hit was that my final invoice from Tesla was 6th March (sent to me on the 24th Jan when I got the initial confirmation of delivery text and still hasnt been updated despite me now having confirmation of pickup on the 24th Feb!) so they wouldn't consider releasing the funds until after the 6th Feb - 30 days before delivery. So take 6th Feb as first possible date they could have arranged payment and the funds arrived on 14th Feb. I spoke to EST on the 7th to ask what the latest is and they said it was approved and sent for payment - but they only do payment runs on Tues/Wed/Thurs so if its approved on Friday they have to wait until Tuesday and hope it is in that run? After that it is up to your bank on how quickly it shows - EST said it can take 5 days for your bank to validate but it looks like my bank (B/Clydesdale/Virgin Money or whatever they are calling it this week) validated it within 2 days assuming mine went on the payment run on the Tuesday - hope this helps.

Yeah not the easiest of processes dealing with govt people, biggest issue I hit was that my final invoice from Tesla was 6th March (sent to me on the 24th Jan when I got the initial confirmation of delivery text and still hasnt been updated despite me now having confirmation of pickup on the 24th Feb!) so they wouldn't consider releasing the funds until after the 6th Feb - 30 days before delivery. So take 6th Feb as first possible date they could have arranged payment and the funds arrived on 14th Feb. I spoke to EST on the 7th to ask what the latest is and they said it was approved and sent for payment - but they only do payment runs on Tues/Wed/Thurs so if its approved on Friday they have to wait until Tuesday and hope it is in that run? After that it is up to your bank on how quickly it shows - EST said it can take 5 days for your bank to validate but it looks like my bank (B/Clydesdale/Virgin Money or whatever they are calling it this week) validated it within 2 days assuming mine went on the payment run on the Tuesday - hope this helps.

Thanks, that is useful info.
So the timings can vary massively as you have pointed out, as if it is approved on a Friday, then it could realistically be the following friday before payment has cleared. I can see my 24th Feb pickup being pushed back at this rate...

Im assuming Tesla would not allow collection if the final payment has notbeen made? even if £20,000 has been deposited?

Thanks, that is useful info.
So the timings can vary massively as you have pointed out, as if it is approved on a Friday, then it could realistically be the following friday before payment has cleared. I can see my 24th Feb pickup being pushed back at this rate...

Im assuming Tesla would not allow collection if the final payment has notbeen made? even if £20,000 has been deposited?
I tried this, offered to pay 20k and they said no. I had my original delivery date and then the 2nd 7 days later but they allocated car to someone else after I said I couldn’t pay full amount by second delivery date. Now im stuck with an invoice with a delivery date saying the 15th of January and EST refusing to release funds because the invoice says delivery date has been. I’ve had to ask Tesla to edit the delivery date on the final invoice to say TBC which seems to have appeased them.

I tried this, offered to pay 20k and they said no. I had my original delivery date and then the 2nd 7 days later but they allocated car to someone else after I said I couldn’t pay full amount by second delivery date. Now im stuck with an invoice with a delivery date saying the 15th of January and EST refusing to release funds because the invoice says delivery date has been. I’ve had to ask Tesla to edit the delivery date on the final invoice to say TBC which seems to have appeased them.
Thats dissapointing, when was your first delivery scheduled for? I have tried pushing EST to process the application quicker as they lost me a week misplacing my loan agreement, but dont think they will act on it.

Thats dissapointing, when was your first delivery scheduled for? I have tried pushing EST to process the application quicker as they lost me a week misplacing my loan agreement, but dont think they will act on it.
First delivery date was the 8th of Jan, got a call from Tesla asking if I was going to make it, explained I was doing EST loan, he asked what stage I was at and seemed to know more about how long it would take than me, obviously knows the process. Said it would take 3 weeks from that point but would give me the extended delivery date to 15th of Jan after which car gets re-allocated. By the 15th the EST wasn't even onto the next stage, took them a week just for credit check. Must be paid by the hour.

Reactions: Longhorn1981
I am also using EST loan. How much notice do Tesla give give you on your delivery date? My loan is agreed. I just need to send final invoice which I do not have yet to draw down funds.

I have a hidden VIN on my account page so hopefully will get my date soon....

I am also using EST loan. How much notice do Tesla give give you on your delivery date? My loan is agreed. I just need to send final invoice which I do not have yet to draw down funds.

I have a hidden VIN on my account page so hopefully will get my date soon....
I got a text on the 3rd of Jan to collect on the 8th of Jan. I sent EST my final invoice last Monday 10th of February. It's still at the 'invoice verification - sent to dealership' stage. If I had a delivery date last Monday I would be missing the first and second chance delivery most likely as their funds transfer can still take 5 days. They are a shambles.

I got a text on the 3rd of Jan to collect on the 8th of Jan. I sent EST my final invoice last Monday 10th of February. It's still at the 'invoice verification - sent to dealership' stage. If I had a delivery date last Monday I would be missing the first and second chance delivery most likely as their funds transfer can still take 5 days. They are a shambles.
I am in the same boat, however i done something controvercial and took out a personal loan until the EST funds come through, and as long as the funds come through within 14 days i will cancel the personal loan and it wont cost me anything. I have now paid for the Tesla in full, and managed to change my pickup to this saturday...woop woop!

Reactions: Maz0 and ringi
I am in the same boat, however i done something controvercial and took out a personal loan until the EST funds come through, and as long as the funds come through within 14 days i will cancel the personal loan and it wont cost me anything. I have now paid for the Tesla in full, and managed to change my pickup to this saturday...woop woop!
Just be careful, if Tesla give you a final invoice with a delivery date before the EST funds are transferred, EST will not transfer you the funds. They refuse to send you funds for a car that you have already taken delivery of!

Have a Tesla on order lease. Requested Leeds collection but been told the car is at Dartford collection centre. Anyone got them to move the car or at least pay travel costs, as I'm in Sheffield. Can pick you between 2-8 march.

Just be careful, if Tesla give you a final invoice with a delivery date before the EST funds are transferred, EST will not transfer you the funds. They refuse to send you funds for a car that you have already taken delivery of!

EST already have my final invoice and the status is “invoice verification with dealer”, invoice states 24th for collection so hoping EST release funds before the weekend.

Reactions: Maz0