Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eindhoven, The Netherland 13/15 December 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands 13/15 December 2012

Great chance to see the Red Signature Model S that has been cruising around Europe in person.
It was in Zurich and after Eindhoven it will be in Copenhagen.
I took the opportunity to ask a numer of questions as well as see the car in person.
It is indeed as lovely as we have heard.
It is a US model but altered to allow for some of the EU requirements.
The Tesla guys and girls were great and patiently answered questions.
Here are the answers I remember (in no priority order ;-)
Pricing - now "very" soon - maybe even a Christmas present away ? We need to be aware that the reason for Tilburg Distribution centre is that otherwise there would be a 10% import duty on the prices. It wasn't clear that despite Tilburg if the pricing will include this duty or not...
3-phase charging - yes but a lot of emphasis on how much it has cost Tesla to develop this option.
Test drives: we should be getting e-mails about this shortly and could expect Jan/Feb timeframe, also we will be allowed to test drive more than once.
Tyres - we can have both summer and winter tyres and they will change them for us but not store them.
Current reservations - 800+ Norway and 700+ Benelux out of the EU numbers.
Distribution centre Tilburg - already have staff so they should have no problems with start up. (Hope the same can be said for the suppliers this time...)
Homologation issues:
It seems there may be an issue with the position of the indicators at the front. Pity if they have to change this as the current setup is very sleek.
No comments about any headrest issues - (is this just a rumour ?)
40kwh option - not looking like this will make it to Europe. However I would urge anyone to wait to see the information when we get the prices.
Insurance - For the Netherlands they already have a really nice offering with Centraal Beheer for the Roadster so we can expect something similar for the Model S.
Maintenance etc - same sort of package as US - I think it included APK (annual vechicle test)
Sim card - 3G subscription - no real information yet - still being investigated.
Delivery estimate - I ordered in October 2012 and they feel I should be able to have my car before end of 2013.
Trade in - yes possible but will discuss nearer actual purchase time
All in all if you have time it is definately well worth the visit.
They have really nice colour configuration system where you can see the colour and the interior together. However the only red on display at the moment is the Signature red.

(I tried to post this on the Tesla Motor website forum but I only get "Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator." so I posted this here instead. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I wanted to share the information.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report.

You wrote: "(I tried to post this on the Tesla Motor website forum but I only get "Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator." so I posted this here instead. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I wanted to share the information.)"

When this happens, as it does frequently, you need to log in again. I copy what I've typed, log out/log in, find the thread and paste the clipboard into the Reply box. It's a hassle, and it's too bad TM doesn't upgrade their forum software to be as useful as TMC.

You wrote: "(I tried to post this on the Tesla Motor website forum but I only get "Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator." so I posted this here instead. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I wanted to share the information.)"

When this happens, as it does frequently, you need to log in again. I copy what I've typed, log out/log in, find the thread and paste the clipboard into the Reply box. It's a hassle, and it's too bad TM doesn't upgrade their forum software to be as useful as TMC.

I did make sure I was logged in and I tried a number of things but not that one - thanks for the tip. TM is also checking out my profile just in case there is an issue there too.

(I tried to post this on the Tesla Motor website forum but I only get "Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator." so I posted this here instead. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I wanted to share the information.
That happens to everybody. Highlight and copy/cut your post, and Page Back to the previous screen (entry screen), repaste and Submit again, and it will go through.

I did make sure I was logged in and I tried a number of things but not that one - thanks for the tip. TM is also checking out my profile just in case there is an issue there too.
See my immediate prior post. Much easier to just copy the post, Page Back and resubmit. Very quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
That happens to everybody. Highlight and copy/cut your post, and Page Back to the previous screen (entry screen), repaste and Submit again, and it will go through.

See my immediate prior post. Much easier to just copy the post, Page Back and resubmit. Very quick.

Thanks - when I post about the problems of the width of the Model S on Dutch roads and in Dutch car parks due to the Dutch norms for vehicle widths I will remember your advice :wink:

Last edited: