Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Electric car charging" may be coming to Whoa Nellie Deli area at SR120/US395

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

As part of the proposed "Tioga Inn" project at SR120/US395 (where the Whoa Nellie Deli is located, it will remain in place) the first step in preparing an environmental impact report states that "electric car charging" will be part of the project. See https://www.monocounty.ca.gov/sites...vision/page/186/nop_16_october_16_revised.pdf

That is not to say that a Tesla Supercharger site is planned as part of that project. In fact Tesla's current Supercharger map at Find Us | Tesla does not show a "Coming Soon" gray icon at that location. So I expect that the charging offered (if the project gets approved and built) will be some sort of L2k offering. Hopefully it will be open for public use and not restricted to hotel patrons. Whatever happens, it is likely a few years away from being reality.

It also might be charging stations for the on-site housing and for employees to commute in their BEVs.

We had a discussion on here two-plus years ago, and at the time it was rumored that the owner would be installing some HPWC from Tesla. Perhaps this decision was tabled pending the approval and completion of this venture.

We had a discussion on here two-plus years ago, and at the time it was rumored that the owner would be installing some HPWC from Tesla.
Yes, I recall that past discussion. Was disappointed that no chargers ever appeared at Whoa Nellie. But maybe this new development is a positive sign. If they happen I am confident they will be for hotel guests and hopeful they will be available to others, even if for a fee.