Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I can say to the build quality urban legend is that Tesla's are among if not the safest vehicles ever constructed. Apparently they're putting the money where it matters. Remember All that glitters is not Gold.
I think you're conflating build quality with design. Build quality combines the fit for purpose with being free of defects; the latter of which is quite a known issue amongst Tesla who continues to operate more like a startup than a matured business and is constantly pressured to churn out production to meet reservations, press deadlines, and analyst sales projections. Remember that just about new released model was in "production hell," resulting in some of the production to be moved under canopies in the parking lots, and how many vehicles were rejected upon delivery (to be passed to someone of a less discriminatory taste). There have been anecdotal steering wheels that have fallen off, cars with missing brake pads, glass panels flying off, etc. Then you have the more common issues such as panel gaps, misalignments, missing fasteners, uneven weatherstripping, paint issues, and vehicles with compromised chipsets (not uncommon amongst all manufacturers during the supply-chain challenge in the pandemic).

As for Hyundai/Kia, they've made leaps and bounds of progress over the years and that huge injection from the IMF in the 90s. Korean products of pre-2000 are a joke compared to what they're producing now.

A Nissan leaf may have very little to any noticeable decline in state of charge over just a day or so. They don't have much going on. Nissan leaf does not have active battery thermal management and is not internet connected and powering internet radios and such on an ongoing basis like Tesla and perhaps others do. It's conceivable. And likely in my opinion that there would be very little lost over just a day or two if any.

Kyle Connor found an old "brand new never sold" Coda that had been sitting for any number of years and it still contained 30% state of charge and was able to drive under its own power to make its way to the nearest charging station on the dealer lot

A Nissan leaf may have very little to any noticeable decline in state of charge over just a day or so. They don't have much going on. Nissan leaf does not have active battery thermal management and is not internet connected and powering internet radios and such on an ongoing basis like Tesla and perhaps others do. It's conceivable. And likely in my opinion that there would be very little lost over just a day or two if any.

Kyle Connor found an old "brand new never sold" Coda that had been sitting for any number of years and it still contained 30% state of charge and was able to drive under its own power to make its way to the nearest charging station on the dealer lot
i stand corrected thanx....too bad the leaf is so ugly when i testdrove one it felt cheap..like a golf cart...and looked dorky.

i stand corrected thanx....too bad the leaf is so ugly when i testdrove one it felt cheap..like a golf cart...and looked dorky.
Yeah I'm with you on the clown car aspect of those things. But the old ones are getting so cheap now I'm thinking about buying one for a work car you know, just a beater to get around locally back and forth to work and such and leave my Model S in the garage unless traveling out of town etc.

thats life....things like that can never be known-in colorado this hapens all the time..and windhield pits like crazy here
I've never had chips like this even on 10 year old vehicles, and upstate NY is not kind to roads or paint. It's known that Tesla has paint issues, I mistakenly thought that after 10 years they may have figured it out.

I got the "multi-coat" red which was extra as well. Not sure how they got multiple coats to be this thin and adhere so poorly to the primer coat.

Same here on my '22 MS LR. You can almost see through it on the underside of bumper. PMMR touch up paint does not match as a result.

However, vampire drain over three weeks is 1.25 miles per day of RR, that equates to 300 w/h or to $25 a YEAR of electricity for me.

Now, back closer to topic. I'm hearing a bunch of range issues and pack failures on '15 MS85 pack cars recently. Possibly related to updates. Is is likely Tesla is repeating itself with another 2019 style fix?

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3