TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Electric Route to the Racetrack"

Discussion in 'News' started by leilanimunter, Jul 9, 2014.

1. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

#1 leilanimunter, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    Hi fellow Tesla owners! On Sunday July 13 I will be embarking on an electric road trip from Charlotte, NC to Chicago, IL as I become the first ARCA or NASCAR driver to travel oil free to a race and we are hosting meet ups along the way: With electric ride to Chicagoland Speedway, Leilani Munter to become first ARCA or NASCAR driver to travel oil free to a race - ARCA Racing

EVolutionHighway.jpg
    Map_med.jpg

(MAP HAS BEEN CORRECTED. Time on map was wrong for Bethesda Meet Up on 14th - it's at 9-1030AM not PM!)
    Would love to have some fellow TMCers join me at the supercharger stops! There will be a camera crew filming the trip and we will have giveaways at the meet ups. The two bigger meetups in Bethesda and Chicago are set times. Except for the two meet ups in Bethesda, MD and Chicago, IL these are just ESTIMATED window times for the trip, I will update my ETAs from the road but what I list below could vary by an hour in either direction. Come and see me on the #EVolutionHighway!

Sunday July 13 ********
    12 - 1230pm Burlington, NC Supercharger
    330 - 4pm Rocky Mount, NC Supercharger
    6 - 630pm Glen Allen, VA Supercharger
    730 - 8pm Woodbridge, VA Supercharger

Monday July 14 ********
    9 - 1030am Bethesda, MD Supercharger (TIME CONFIRMED)
    530 - 6pm Hagerstown, PA Supercharger
    8 - 830pm Somerset, PA Supercharger

Tuesday July 15 ********
    930 - 10am Cranberry Township, PA Supercharger
    1130 - 12pm Macedonia, OH Supercharger
    2 - 230pm Maumee, OH Supercharger
    445 - 515pm Angola, IN Supercharger
    615 - 645pm Mishawaka, IN Supercharger

Wednesday July 16 **********
    12 - 130pm Illinois Institute of Technology EV Station - 3201 S. State
    Street, Lot A (TIME CONFIRMED)

Hope to see some of you on my journey!

• Like x 1
  2. William13

William13 Member

Mishawaka time is on my calendar. Thanks.

3. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

Great to hear William, see you there! I will post my ETAs from the road on my twitter Leilani on Twitter and my facebook Leilani on Facebook so check in there on the day of just in case I end up being early or late from this estimated schedule!

4. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

I assume you have a copilot. You have to save something for the track! Drive safely!

5. drsrichardson

drsrichardson Member

See you in Chicago!

Will be there in Chicago! We drove a similar route from Charleston! Have a blast!

6. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

We just realized that the time on our map was wrong for Bethesda, MD Meet Up on the 14th - it's at 9-1030AM not PM! Sorry about that!!! Of course we caught it after the map has been posted all over the place, whoops...

7. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

No copilot, just me. I will have a camera crew riding with me documenting the trip and the meet ups at the superchargers, but I am the only driver. I'll have one day to rest before I slip behind the wheel of my racecar. A busy week, for sure.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

Stay safe--likely more dangerous out on the open road than on the track....

9. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

I forgot to mention that I am promoting solar power at the racetrack, I'll be in the #66 PrairieGold Solar ARCA racecar for Venturini Motorsports!

ChicagoPR1.jpg

If you are interested in watching, race coverage for the Ansell ActivArmr 150 will air live on FOX Sports 2 starting at 6:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 19, with live timing and scoring as well as the radio broadcast through the ARCA Racing Network (ARN) online at arcaracing.com.

10. jcadman22

jcadman22 MD: DRK NRG

Looking forward to Meeting you in Bethesda on Monday!

11. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

Excellent, see you there! Just to be certain, the meet up is from 9am - 1030am - we had accidentally listed it at 930pm the first time. Looking forward to it, I think this road trip is going to be a blast. My first long trip in my Model S!

12. ABVA

ABVA Member

Woodbridge, VA is on my calendar. Look forward to meeting you and your crew. Best of luck and please be safe.

13. Electric700

Electric700 Member

I'm planning to be in North Carolina on Sunday, and may be able to come out to Rocky Mount. Hope to see you there!

14. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Well unfortunately, it's looking like I won't be able to make it out there tomorrow. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it.

May be next time! Also, it would be nice to get a 2 or 3-week notice here on the forum before these events.

15. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

Sorry to miss you this time! This trip came together very quickly and I posted the schedule as soon as I had it myself! See you down the (electric) road...

16. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

I suspect the Richmond to DC leg might be a bit longer than plan. I95 traffic going up to DC on Sunday evening is somewhat difficult with all the vacationers coming home. But we will be listening and try to see you in Woodbridge.

17. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

Hope to see you in Maumee today!

18. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

JakeP and I caught up with Leilani (or rather, SHE caught up with us!) at the Cranberry Supercharger. I think Jake and I have already logged a record number of hours at this Supercharger WITHOUT charging so this morning I made sure I could partake of free electrons. As you all know, who have met her, Leilani is a good soul and we had a good time talking with her. May the rest of your trip be fun and eventful (in the best of ways) and have a good safe race this weekend!
    1-IMG_3723.JPG
    Nom nom nom....
    1-IMG_3737.JPG
    Talking with a non-Tesla owner we were all trying to convert.

1-IMG_3741.JPG
    Parked up next to race driver royalty!

1-IMG_3747.JPG
    This must be part of the Activist Package because my car doesn't have it. :tongue:

1-IMG_3751.JPG

1-IMG_3752.JPG

1-IMG_3758.JPG

1-IMG_3761.JPG

1-IMG_3775.JPG

1-IMG_3800.JPG
    They did an extra lap of Cranberry (unbeknownst to us) on the way out-- we surprised each other!

1-IMG_3818.JPG
    Looking Eastbound on the Westbounders!
    1-IMG_3833.JPG

1-IMG_3836.JPG

19. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Leilani-- I posted the info regarding detour for return trip here, along with pictures:

Somerset PA Supercharger (confirmed!) - Page 7

It's beautiful scenery and only about 5 miles more than the Turnpike-- just stay off after Somerset charge, get back on in Bedford, PA.

Totally worth it.

Here's the map:

Chrome Legacy Window 7152014 34812 PM.bmp.jpg

20. Hodginator

Hodginator Member

Leilani, I was hoping to see you in Woodbridge, but was unable to get there. Are you planning to make a return trip?

On a side note, where did you get that license plate cover? I need to get one of those!