Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Vehicle Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1982&d=1308248162.jpg

D'oh!

DC fast charge.JPG

Very few cars will ever drive between these regions. Not really a big problem. A big problem is when there are multiple standards within one region. Europe has that problem at the moment for Level2 AC and needs to get it's act together.

Well, what about the Leaf being delivered with CHAdeMO into Europe and USA? I gather BMW may be planning to offer CHAdeMO as well in their next round of EVs. Japan standard FTW by default due to early global deployment?

Last edited:
cold weather usage of Tesla electric motor

does the tesla motors work in cold climates i know we have a rav 4 ev being built here in Canada but would the range of operation change in cold as low as -40 C and will it even operate at that temperature ?

I want to talk about the battery.I don't know if you study this as hard as i do but a carbon nanotube battery could allow the model s 500+ mile range.Also it would allow a battery weight of just 250 lbs!please respond!!!

There are a lot of interesting battery techs in various stages of pre-commercial development. For a commercial automotive application, Tesla was wise to stick with well-proven technology. I sincerely hope that, as the battle among the competing battery technologies resolve, we'll see lighter and cheaper batteries for future iterations of the Model S and all EVs.

I wish i worked for tesla i could improve their cars so much...Lets talk about the battery.

Sounds like you want to work for Tesla's cell supplier, Panasonic, or another cell manufacturer. Tesla's expertise is assembling cells into large battery packs, which requires a quite different set of competencies.

GSP