Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrical tire inflator pump for model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have model Y. I have a small inflator pump for my tires but is pretty old. I am looking to buy a pump (which uses the 12V outlet and no on battery) which can be used for the tires, for my bike, for the paddle board and eventually for the kite (different nozzles). I know there are some issues with a fuse if the pump is powerfull.
Would you recommend some models?

Thank you,

You have to also consider that the Tesla vehicles now come with a lithium starter battery that replaced the older 12V lead-acid starter battery. The Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual states that 12V accessories must be now compatible with a 16V source. So the power demand isn't likely to be an issue (12A continuous and up to 16A peak is OK) but the inflation pump may not operate given the 16V DC now delivered on the low voltage side of the electrical system.

This article is several years old:

The Best Tire Inflators

You have to also consider that the Tesla vehicles now come with a lithium starter battery that replaced the older 12V lead-acid starter battery. The Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual states that 12V accessories must be now compatible with a 16V source. So the power demand isn't likely to be an issue (12A continuous and up to 16A peak is OK) but the inflation pump may not operate given the 16V DC now delivered on the low voltage side of the electrical system.

This article is several years old:

The Best Tire Inflators
Thanks for the andwer, I will check the link. I forget to mention the car is 2020.