TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electrician in Brossard, QC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by balzary, Oct 1, 2018.

1. balzary

balzary Member

Hey all,

My father in law is in Brossard and I'm considering getting an outlet put in so I can charge while I'm there. A luxury I don't have here as my condo board won't allow it....

So I was wondering what kind of lead time they need, is it something I could potentially get dressed ne before the weekend? Just looking for a universal outlet as they may entertain the idea of an ev, just not necessarily a tesla.

So with that in mind, anyone have suggestions for the south shore? What kind of $$ am I looking at roughly?

Thanks all

2. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Just something like a Nema 14-50?

3. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Active Member

If it’s a NEMA 14-50, it could take as little as two days depending on how busy the electrician is, and if he has the materials on hand or needs to order anything.

4. balzary

balzary Member

Yup just a 14-50 would work fine. Any suggestions?

5. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Active Member

Too many unknowns to give you much of an accurate number.
    How far is your parking spot from the main panel? What is nearby for mounting locations, how full is the house panel, etc.
    Best call a trusted local electrician and have him/her work up a quote after taking a look at the site.