TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electrician recommendation for N. VA area

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tranph, Jul 20, 2016.

1. tranph

tranph Member

Can anyone recommend an electrician in the Northern Virginia area (Springfield/Annandale)? The Telsa recommended ones don't service my area.

Thanks!

2. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

I used Volta Electric to install my 14-50:

Electrician | Electrical Contractor | Arlington, VA | Volta Electric

I'm in Fairfax, but they say they serve your area too. Total cost was a bit over $400 for a short run, which is kind of high, but it was about half of what the Tesla-recommended electrician wanted, and this is an expensive area. They were friendly and did good work (as far as I can tell, anyway).

By the way, you may want to repost this (or ask a mod to move it) in the Mid-Atlantic section, where you'll get people in the vague area:

Mid-Atlantic

3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

What a coincidence, I used them too.

Did a great job, highly recommend Mason and Kara. They answered all my questions via email, came out did the job, and they were the lowest priced electricians out of the about... 5 or 6 that I called.

4. Modeler

Modeler Member

I got several quotes and went with Autumn Electric (703-938-1370). It was a complex job requiring wiring through the entire basement and then the attic over the garage. They had the most reasonable cost and did a great job. The cost was $975. Some other quotes were around $1,200

5. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

Honestly, you need to call Dave at ACX Electrical (703-728-4519).

I got quotes ranging from $750-$1750 (and everything in between). He charged me $200 + parts (absolutely no over-charge on parts).
    I had a 50 ft run from electrical panel to driveway. No drywall work, but had to snake it through about 20ft of ceiling. He is awesome. Absolutely loves his job and cares about his work. He was recommended to me through another posting.

6. tranph

tranph Member

I've been here for months, but didn't even know about that forum haha. Thanks for the suggestions.

7. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

Come on over and join us, you can read all the latest about local Supercharger construction, window tint installers, the shenanigans going on with the Virginia dealership association, and more.

8. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

Wow, I didn't know either. Checking it out now. Thanks!!!!