Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electromagnetically Blocked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from being an engineering marvel, and one of the greatest toys for grown-ups ever invented, I'm beginning to think that the Tesla Model S is also a highly effective Faraday Cage.
I live in New Jersey, where the toll payment method du jour is the EZPass. It's an RFID device that you mount on the inside of your windshield near the rear view mirror, and it automatically debits your account when you go through Toll Booths. Except in the Tesla Model S. I constantly get no read from their scanning device, even though I have swapped passes (twice). I'm working with their support team, and one of the possible explanations is that their registration system does not have Tesla listed in their assignment forms (I had to pronounce it as Other / Other for Make / Model), so if their scanners are cross-referencing the EZPass tag to the car, there may be an issue.
Today I joined a Car Wash Club (monthly fee for unlimited [?] washes), and guess what? Their system doesn't know from Tesla, either. But even more interesting, after they installed their RFID strip to the inside lower left of my windshield, it refused to be read by their scanners.
So am I totally protected from outside electromagnetic forces while driving? Has anyone else run into similar issues? My car is getting dirtier by the day, and I am just waiting to be dragged to jail as a toll violator.