Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

electronic exhaust?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
I spoke with a dealer on the east coast:
Top Gear Eurosport, Performance AutoSport, 757 Harry L Dr, Johnson City, New York, 13790

They carry both the single and dual exhaust. They are at SEMA showing it off.

Here's an excellent video (in romanian) of the exhaust (with interior and exterior videos)
Top Gear Eurosport, Performance AutoSport, 757 Harry L Dr, Johnson City, New York, 13790

-Steve

images

Doesn't tickle my fancy, but if it gets more old-school car enthusiasts into EVs then what's the harm?
I don't take your question to be rhetorical, but please forgive me if it was.

Yesterday (Saturday) I was on a ladder staining my deck and multiple times was startled at the sound of loud roaring V8s on a nearby through street. It's unnerving, stressful, disruptive, and disturbs the peace.

If I stood on the public sidewalk in front of your house with a bullhorn making Jim Carrey's "the most annoying sound in the world", nobody would be okay with that... yet somehow we've normalized screaming V8s.

These artificial engine sounds aren't going to emulate the sound of a Toyota Camry, they're going to make the loudest, most disrespectful, small-penis sound available.

I very much appreciate how quiet EVs are... that anyone wants to add aftermarket sounds *just* for the sake of noise is disappointing. I suggest EV owners keep those sounds *inside* their cars... because the people outside of their cars definitely don't want to hear it.

I'm actually with @father_of_6 on this. I'm pretty tired of noise pollution from loud ICE cars in cities (in addition to the air pollution).

I love the sound of a good gas engine screaming its way up to redline, not unlike how I love cranking up the volume of good music, but I don't think either should be imposed on everyone around in cities and residential areas.

For that reason I'm becoming a big fan of "active" exhaust systems in sporty ICE cars, where they can adjust the muffling to be louder or quieter, as the situation calls for.

I assume this EV noisemaker system can be turned off. So please just keep it off when driving around people's homes. :)

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I don't take your question to be rhetorical, but please forgive me if it was.

Yesterday (Saturday) I was on a ladder staining my deck and multiple times was startled at the sound of loud roaring V8s on a nearby through street. It's unnerving, stressful, disruptive, and disturbs the peace.

If I stood on the public sidewalk in front of your house with a bullhorn making Jim Carrey's "the most annoying sound in the world", nobody would be okay with that... yet somehow we've normalized screaming V8s.

These artificial engine sounds aren't going to emulate the sound of a Toyota Camry, they're going to make the loudest, most disrespectful, small-penis sound available.

I very much appreciate how quiet EVs are... that anyone wants to add aftermarket sounds *just* for the sake of noise is disappointing. I suggest EV owners keep those sounds *inside* their cars... because the people outside of their cars definitely don't want to hear it.
I second this. It’s annoying!!!! Literally people are gunning it. How is this even allowed it’s annoying. I love cars but I also like quiet when I’m trying to sleep.

I am amazed at all the hate on this post and how it's turned into an ICE car sound annoyance discussion... what gives?

those of us who like engine sounds (i've owned many muscle car and ///M cars in the past) wouldn't mind having the ability to replicate various engine sounds during a spirited driving session or track day to get the adrenaline going. It's hard to get excited listening to just wind and tire noise at full throttle when you're sending it.

lighten up people...

I've seen quite a few videoes on hansshow, enginevox and thor and I would like to hear if anyone here has any feedback or personal experience with these systems. How is it like to drive with these systems and do they feel just a little bit like realistic? I don't expect them to be nothing like the real deal ;)

I've seen quite a few videoes on hansshow, enginevox and thor and I would like to hear if anyone here has any feedback or personal experience with these systems. How is it like to drive with these systems and do they feel just a little bit like realistic? I don't expect them to be nothing like the real deal ;)
The Thor dual can system can go up to 95 dB which is quite loud (as loud a C63 AMG). The cans are high quality titanium. You can adjust volume, burbles. You can download the app and go into demo mode to check out the functions.

I don't have the system myself but Thor was at SEMA showing it off. I would say it's the highest quality between EngineVox, Hanshow and Miltek. (these are all essentially the same)

Borla is developing a very nice system for the Mustang Mach E, (they have a sound file for the GT350R! which is one of the best sounding V8s out there) I'm hoping they will have one for Tesla.

I am amazed at all the hate on this post and how it's turned into an ICE car sound annoyance discussion... what gives?

This is what gives:
The Thor dual can system can go up to 95 dB

This is like the loudest Harley roaring past your front door. We're talking about *external noise* here. It's purpose is for the driver to exert their "power" upon all within earshot.

I got an idea... how about *every* EV owner gets one of these things. Let's crank them all up to 95 dB and see how much fun it is. /s

Likely this would help bring about laws against them.

--

If people want to use these in a designated area (e.g. race track), fine by me. Otherwise, I'd be happy to cast my vote for making these illegal on public roads.

This is what gives:

This is like the loudest Harley roaring past your front door. We're talking about *external noise* here. It's purpose is for the driver to exert their "power" upon all within earshot.

I got an idea... how about *every* EV owner gets one of these things. Let's crank them all up to 95 dB and see how much fun it is. /s

Likely this would help bring about laws against them.

--

If people want to use these in a designated area (e.g. race track), fine by me. Otherwise, I'd be happy to cast my vote for making these illegal on public roads.

• Funny
Reactions: euro.r and tm1v2