Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elektrek Article featured one of our very own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some mods seem to be more interested in protecting feelings than allowing quality information. A member here has recently been threatened with banning simply because they clicked the "funny" icon on a post. The board suffers because of this, numerous quality posters have been driven away or banned. It wasn't always like this.
I rated your post funny. Should I be worried? ;)

It’s a weird forum that bans its most valuable contributors. I was not involved in this at all, but did see the running out of @KarenRei and @factchecking in the investors thread. Shameful. And now that thread is mostly unmoderated with the exception of clear, outright trolls, and it’s been fine. A whole lot less informative since losing those two, but fine with minimal moderation.

It’s a weird forum that bans its most valuable contributors. I was not involved in this at all, but did see the running out of @KarenRei and @factchecking in the investors thread. Shameful. And now that thread is mostly unmoderated with the exception of clear, outright trolls, and it’s been fine. A whole lot less informative since losing those two, but fine with minimal moderation.

It is utterly stupid for a forum to ban, or even threaten to ban, or otherwise disincentivize valuable factual informative contributors. This forum is going in the wrong direction with losing those named above and now more. It lost my paid support for now.

I'm in favor of vigorous moderation, but one focused on weeding out noise from signal, not attacking signal that might come with a bit of an edge.

TMC moderation has been pretty consistent over the years in valuing civility, political correctness and politeness over content. This is not to say that content is not valued, just that it is not the defining tenet. I personally find Wk057 to be something of a prima donna but his contributions are so fantastic that I give him a big allowance and focus on the content. I never understood the treatment of KarenRei. That was simply awful moderation, and it was a big loss to this community when she left. And then more damage when the involved, otherwise excellent moderator stepped down (and I think has left too.)

One of my favorite moderators contacted me soon after I joined TMC to (politely) tell me this cartoon in my avatar box had to go since it was causing complaints.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 5.19.29 PM.png