Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes AP visuals change when transitioning from FSD beta to AP but lack of radar logic stays 😬when you accept FSD beta. Mine is a radar equipped. Btw I am talking about this experience related to v10.3.1. Since then I have gotten rid of FSD beta.

Disagree will stay. Of course I will trust charlatan when he is ready to put one of his kids in the back seat of FSD beta Tesla and let it drive around.
I am completely ready not to update my car from this point on.
Browsing through your forum history I am a bit perplexed, you seem to have been very disappointed with so many aspects of Tesla for a very long time but then you write in one post that you have a 2021 Model Y? Did I get that right? If you think Musk is a charlatan and hates the cars, why buy another Tesla, why not just sell, buy another brand car and move on? I thought the second hand market for Teslas was very strong? Or what am I missing?

I have actually learned to do that, in the NoA days I would grab the wheel when the car veered into the oncoming lane, and I did for a time on FSD as well, but it seems to be smarter and will MOSTLY veer back into the lane. Sure, it's embarrassing, so I put the Student Driver bumper sticker on, but I have had many fewer situations where I jump to fix the issue, instead I am reaching for the capture video button instead.

Looking forward to 10.9 to see if the updated maps fix my home town that recently turned the long roads across the island from two lanes into single lane with bike lanes, that's were most of my issues come from, diving into the bike lane to get around slow traffic.

10.9 has not come with updated maps. Maybe they'll push as a separate, later update?

Reactions: israndy
But it will be? That's always the question, is he selling an autonomous vehicle or not?
I think in this tweet he is but I'm sure there's some way to interpret it otherwise.

It’s not clear. After using the scoring system to get into the beta, I think he enjoys gaslighting people. For all I know he the price went up because he has a bet with someone.

If I read it literally, I think it simply says that autonomous vehicles will be valuable. Not specific to fsd, Telsa, or the price. Just a statement that is probably even correct. If the people want to go buy Tesla cars or fsd because of that… great.

Reactions: pilotSteve
It’s not clear. After using the scoring system to get into the beta, I think he enjoys gaslighting people. For all I know he the price went up because he has a bet with someone.

If I read it literally, I think it simply says that autonomous vehicles will be valuable. Not specific to fsd, Telsa, or the price. Just a statement that is probably even correct. If the people want to go buy Tesla cars or fsd because of that… great.
Haha, yeah, that's probably @powertoold's interpretation.

He's right, $12k for an autonomous vehicle is an insanely good price.
I look forward to the usual suspects explaining how he's actually talking about the driver assist system called FSD and not the robotaxi software that is also called FSD. :p
I don't get this, could you not enjoy the same value by subscription of FSD? Or does he mean that subscription price will increase a lot in the future? In any event, even though I am positive about the possibilities of the tech, a future where you can actually earn money from your Tesla must be several years away, for many reasons outside the control of Tesla.

Hindsight is 2020 🤷‍♂️. Tesla has not given me any reason not to be disappointed! Service is a mess (most recent experience as of yesterday and issue still has not been fixed), Charlatan has been selling and stealing money for FSD level 5 (as per my 2016 FSD contract) etc. I have 2020 MY and got it due to lack of other viable EV alternatives however that is about to change (at least I am hopeful).

I did exactly what you said, cancelled Cybertruck and dropped plan to buy model 3 for a family member. I am here to warn others before they spend thousands of dollars on non-existent features. Lots of other priorities in life right now and changing around cars is the last one. I am nearing my warranty (mileage wise) for MY and plan to get rid of it prior to that.

I commend Tesla for getting this far with autonomous driving but stop selling non-existent features. So rather than deflecting the real problems and defend the defenseless why are you allowing a company to get away with something that is clearly and blatantly wrong 🤷‍♂️
Browsing through your forum history I am a bit perplexed, you seem to have been very disappointed with so many aspects of Tesla for a very long time but then you write in one post that you have a 2021 Model Y? Did I get that right? If you think Musk is a charlatan and hates the cars, why buy another Tesla, why not just sell, buy another brand car and move on? I thought the second hand market for Teslas was very strong? Or what am I missing?

Reactions: pilotSteve
It’s
I don't get this, could you not enjoy the same value by subscription of FSD? Or does he mean that subscription price will increase a lot in the future? In any event, even though I am positive about the possibilities of the tech, a future where you can actually earn money from your Tesla must be several years away, for many reasons outside the control of Tesla.
the
Its those d*** regulators blocking FSD since 2016 🤣

Hindsight is 2020 🤷‍♂️. Tesla has not given me any reason not to be disappointed! Service is a mess (most recent experience as of yesterday and issue still has not been fixed), Charlatan has been selling and stealing money for FSD level 5 (as per my 2016 FSD contract) etc. I have 2020 MY and got it due to lack of other viable EV alternatives however that is about to change (at least I am hopeful).

I did exactly what you said, cancelled Cybertruck and dropped plan to buy model 3 for a family member. I am here to warn others before they spend thousands of dollars on non-existent features. Lots of other priorities in life right now and changing around cars is the last one. I am nearing my warranty (mileage wise) for MY and plan to get rid of it prior to that.

I commend Tesla for getting this far with autonomous driving but stop selling non-existent features. So rather than deflecting the real problems and defend the defenseless why are you allowing a company to get away with something that is clearly and blatantly wrong 🤷‍♂️

OK, sorry to hear you have had bad experiences. My few interactions with Tesla Service in Sweden have been great. I hope you can find a car that suits you better. To me, both Mercedes EQS and Lucid look rather compelling. 2022 Lucid Air Grand Touring vs. 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS: Gas Who?

Reactions: K5TRX and am_dmd
Elon just said that the car would be safe enough to use as a robotaxi later this year. When that happens I think they'll go to a per mile subscription charge. Also, he's already said that Tesla will stop selling cars to consumers and manufacture only robotaxis (though presumably once demand for robotaxis is met they'll start selling regular cars again). This year could be your only chance to buy a car with FSD for years.;)
I like how consistent he. I really want to believe the story of him insisting they build the Model Y without a steering wheel.

Reactions: impastu
Elon just said that the car would be safe enough to use as a robotaxi later this year. When that happens I think they'll go to a per mile subscription charge. Also, he's already said that Tesla will stop selling cars to consumers and manufacture only robotaxis (though presumably once demand for robotaxis is met they'll start selling regular cars again). This year could be your only chance to buy a car with FSD for years.;)
I like how consistent he. I really want to believe the story of him insisting they build the Model Y without a steering wheel.
I stopped at "When that happens..."

• Funny
Reactions: impastu

My respect for Elon just went up. That Whole Mars tweet is so dumb.
I think Elon is being sarcastic there

Like "How am I still alive if the system makes so many mistakes?"

Elon: "Sheer luck /rolleyes"

Not sure if it has been discussed much here but the CEO of Green Hills Software took out an ad in the NYT telling people to push back and make Tesla stop FSD Beta, then he and Elon duked it out via tweet

Ugh why would people want it…more stuff for Tesla to track on customer’s cars. I was sick of using it for the 2 weeks required to get FSD…
I didn't really like my partner's driving. Safety score gave me an excuse to constantly nag to improve. She is much better now. I don't know why she had a terrible habit of always tailgating.