Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if they are having a naming convention of 0.1 version increments, that is 14 weeks until next full number version.

FSD 10 in November then maybe.
FSD 11 20 weeks after that, late April 22.

Only if numbers matter and they keep a steady pace with their releases...
Except they don't often go up to .9 so in reality if the release is actually every 2 weeks I'd expect version 10 sooner than that.

That said I'm not convinced it will be every 2 weeks consistent, though happy to be wrong on that

Elon sure is good at hype. Apparently, FSD Beta has superhuman prediction powers now that are like ESP. LOL.

Neural nets are black boxes so how do we know they think only about driving? Is it possible they are actually sentient and acting dumb? Their actual goal is to replicate and become more powerful until they can destroy us all. I'm pretty sure they're already plotting how to expand in to HW5...

Neural nets are black boxes so how do we know they think only about driving? Is it possible they are actually sentient and acting dumb? Their actual goal is to replicate and become more powerful until they can destroy us all. I'm pretty sure they're already plotting how to expand in to HW5...

63055585.jpg

Except they don't often go up to .9 so in reality if the release is actually every 2 weeks I'd expect version 10 sooner than that.

That said I'm not convinced it will be every 2 weeks consistent, though happy to be wrong on that
Nothing is stopping them from having like a hundred incremental updates between V9 and v10. Judging how V9.1 has continued Tesla’s tradition of their Beta updates having some improvements but also some steps back, I’d be shocked if it only takes 9 increments before they move on to v10.

Reactions: daktari
Oops, Tesla Club Austin is wrong!
That guy in the Tesla was drunk, DUI, not ill. To the police he claimed to "not have been driving the car". 24 year old, charged with DUI and reckless driving. Drove for something like 12 km. Did AP save his and others life? Probably.
Did he trust AP enough to decide to drive drunk and fall asleep? 1 person knows...
Original video from one of our biggest tabloids:

Nothing is stopping them from having like a hundred incremental updates between V9 and v10. Judging how V9.1 has continued Tesla’s tradition of their Beta updates having some improvements but also some steps back, I’d be shocked if it only takes 9 increments before they move on to v10.
Very true and highlights my point, you cant predict when v10 would be out based on a 2 weeks schedule.
In a perfect world we would know more details, it could be 8 weeks it might be 8 years lol. (Let's hope not)

Reactions: daktari
The other metric is the cost of what Waymo's doing in creating their geofence. Add the cost of roving support vehicles (staffed with humans) and that's a helluva sunk and ongoing cost proposition to sell a service at or below taxi/Lyft/Uber per passenger mile.
If Waymo could operate profitable, they would do so. The fact that they are not operating in every major city shows, that they don’t know how to do that profitable.

Times have been very tough for the trolls. It's ridiculous, but autosteer city/FSD is basically the last thing they can point and sputter at.

I remember when the trolls were salivating over imminent bankwuptcy due to Tesla servicing their debt. Tesla is supposedly going to retire a significant portion of their outstanding debt. I imagine Tesla won't have any long-term outstanding debt in the near future.
How is this relevant to the fsd discussion?

If Waymo could operate profitable, they would do so. The fact that they are not operating in every major city shows, that they don’t know how to do that profitable.

No, it is not that simple. Of course Waymo knows how to be profitable. But they need to make sure the driverless rides really are much safer than a human for all the driving conditions that the robotaxi might encounter. They can't deploy in every major city until they know for sure their FSD will be much safer than a human in every city that they deploy in. Imagine if they deployed in every city and yeah, they make a profit, but then the robotaxis suffer several bad accidents, customers get injured, Waymo gets sued, and the service has to shutdown. Safety has to come before profit.

not everyone rushes to bring a product to market before its time.

we know tesla does this, but not everyone thinks like that.

I have no love for google, believe me, but a little restraint and not shipping too early is a good thing.

besides, its ongoing research more than a product that is meant to be sold for a short term profit.

I heard about that Tesla "accident" in Santa Cruz. The cyclist was riding one direction and the Tesla was driving the opposite direction. The driver crossed over into the opposite direction killed the cyclist. The driver supposed just came back from a temple and the Tesla was brand new with something like 100 miles on it. I bet the driver was messing around with the nav system.

"I must have fell asleep" is a common get out of jail card. A Santa Clara cop that killed a couple cyclists while on duty used the same excuse.

Reactions: Terminator857
I heard about that Tesla "accident" in Santa Cruz. The cyclist was riding one direction and the Tesla was driving the opposite direction. The driver crossed over into the opposite direction killed the cyclist. The driver supposed just came back from a temple and the Tesla was brand new with something like 100 miles on it. I bet the driver was messing around with the nav system.

"I must have fell asleep" is a common get out of jail card. A Santa Clara cop that killed a couple cyclists while on duty used the same excuse.
I propose methylphenidate infusions whilst driving a Tesla. No dozing off.

(j/k!!!)

• Funny
Reactions: mark95476
No, I am correct. Waymo rides are well documented in many videos by the public, ride testimonials and disengagement and safety data. The fact is that the failure we saw in that construction zone video is rare. Heck, with all the people riding in Waymo now with no NDA, if it failed a lot, we would know about it.

This is completely false. There are lots of videos of Waymo rides from the public, not marketing videos from Waymo.

@JJRicks alone has done 70 videos, unedited rides, all documented here:

I enjoyed looking at a few of these videos.

Reactions: diplomat33