Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that most of your posts are parroting Mobileye, Waymo, ..etc.. latest marketing spiel. You know how Tesla and Elon has said and tweeted a bunch of stuff in the past and missed some dates? Try applying that same criteria to Mobileye, Waymo, ..etc.. The entire industry is all years behind where they said they'd be by now.

Naaah....

Frankly, I kind of resent the accusation that I am just parroting ME or Waymo "marketing spiel". I share information from lots of different companies. I share information about Tesla's FSD and Elon tweets that I think are newsworthy. I also share information that Waymo, or Mobileye or Cruise share about how their FSD works because they have real autonomous driving and I think that information is also newsworthy. It is a fact that those companies have L4. That is not "marketing spiel". Why can't I share facts about how other FSD companies do FSD or what their progress is? Or is this forum just an echo chamber for Tesla "fanboys"?

Last edited:
Hillarious. I'm sure he's going to say exactly the same thing about "FSD 11" yet true fanbois will keep throwing money at him...
So is it your contention the expansion of FSD to a much wider group won't happen in version 10.x and that Elon will continue to promise without delivering FSD to FSD owners?

Those who don't learn from history...
We're in a completely different situation now with FSD then the typical situation where Elon is usually late (true) so just double or triple his timeline estimate. We are finally seeing some real progress with FSD so the assertion by some that Elon is just going to string people along again until V11 seems disingenuous. We'll know a lot more in a few days.

We're in a completely different situation now with FSD then the typical situation where Elon is usually late (true) so just double or triple his timeline estimate. We are finally seeing some real progress with FSD so the assertion that Elon is just going to string people along again until V11 seems disingenuous. We'll know alot more in a few days.
I agree that it's likely the end of stringing people along.

What's going to be interesting over the next few days is whether they'll implement limits in what V10 can do. Applying limitations on things like uncontrolled lefts like not allowing it to go without confirmation is likely the only way they can release it quickly.

Plus they release a limited version then everyone wins.

The naysayers can say it's not really FSD beta
The fans can say how awesome it is despite the limitations.

Applying limitations on things like uncontrolled lefts like not allowing it to go without confirmation is likely the only way they can release it quickly.

This sounds like a good idea in theory, but I think in practice it actually doesn’t improve the safety. As an anecdotal example, when the traffic light acknowledgment chimes (with fsd traffic control feature), I simply tap my stalk without actually checking if the light is green or not.

If Tesla limits FSD beta with stalk acknowledgments, many people will simply tap the stalk without checking if the road is clear or not. And if FSD beta actually uses the driver’s acknowledgment to proceed, this will lead to more risky situations and possibly accidents.

This is why Tesla is in a difficult situation where they must have an extremely high performance threshold for FSD beta and also slowly expand the beta, without stalk acknowledgments.

Also keep in mind that the driver monitoring system is essentially worthless for FSD beta, as it can't check if you're looking in the right directions / locations to check for cars / curbs / etc. Etc.

Also why I think a full release of fsd beta to the USA will be the greatest software achievement in history!!1!1! Until it crashes and the feds come after Tesla

Last edited:
We're in a completely different situation now with FSD then the typical situation where Elon is usually late (true) so just double or triple his timeline estimate. We are finally seeing some real progress with FSD so the assertion by some that Elon is just going to string people along again until V11 seems disingenuous. We'll know a lot more in a few days.
Believing that is your prerogative. Elon has completely obliterated any chance of me trusting him on anything ever again.

Frankly, I kind of resent the accusation that I am just parroting ME or Waymo "marketing spiel". I share information from lots of different companies. I share information about Tesla's FSD and Elon tweets that I think are newsworthy. I also share information that Waymo, or Mobileye or Cruise share about how their FSD works because they have real autonomous driving and I think that information is also newsworthy. It is a fact that those companies have L4. That is not "marketing spiel". Why can't I share facts about how other FSD companies do FSD or what their progress is? Or is this forum just an echo chamber for Tesla "fanboys"?
To be honest, you were super Tesla fanboy, then swung super Waymo/ME for a while and now have tried to reel it back a little to be a little more balanced... But you def do favor the non Tesla approach. Nobody expects you to be a super fanboy, although there are many fans here hence the Tesla motors club part of the website. And there is nothing wrong with candidly discussing issues as well.

But you definitely aren't some balanced source for ML news, simply offering both sides. You are definitely biased one way...

This sounds like a good idea in theory, but I think in practice it actually doesn’t improve the safety. As an anecdotal example, when the traffic light acknowledgment chimes (with fsd traffic control feature), I simply tap my stalk without actually checking if the light is green or not.

If Tesla limits FSD beta with stalk acknowledgments, many people will simply tap the stalk without checking if the road is clear or not. And if FSD beta actually uses the driver’s acknowledgment to proceed, this will lead to more risky situations and possibly accidents.

This is why Tesla is in a difficult situation where they must have an extremely high performance threshold for FSD beta and also slowly expand the beta, without stalk acknowledgments.

Also keep in mind that the driver monitoring system is essentially worthless for FSD beta, as it can't check if you're looking in the right directions / locations to check for cars / curbs / etc. Etc.

Also why I think a full release of fsd beta to the USA will be the greatest software achievement in history!!1!1! Until it crashes and the feds come after Tesla

I don't think the stalk is the right confirmation input tool. For something like FSD beta its best to use the accelerator.

If I recall correctly they already have confirm for some maneuvers like an uncontrolled right onto a fast highway, and they use confirm for situations where its unsure. In the FSD beta videos I've always seen the accelerator used to tell the car to get going.

In any case I don't doubt that they'll limit what the general released FSD beta can do. The only question is whether they'll be flat out limitations on what it can do or will they be confirm type where you can force it along using the accelerator. My hunch is it will the the later. As to whether there are safety risk I think the biggest risk is mode confusion. Human drivers will make assumptions about why it's not going. Like I might assume the car wants my confirmation only to discover that it saw a pedestrian I didn't.

The problem with the former is it doesn't give Tesla the kind of detail the later does. It's like not even taking the test.

The feds are already coming. Might as well go out with a bang. :p

I don't think the stalk is the right confirmation input tool. For something like FSD beta its best to use the accelerator.

If I recall correctly they already have confirm for some maneuvers like an uncontrolled right onto a fast highway, and they use confirm for situations where its unsure. In the FSD beta videos I've always seen the accelerator used to tell the car to get going.

Yup, in the current fsd beta 9, there are some stalk or accelerator acknowledgements for "high speed cross-traffic" (driver can choose either stalk or accelerator). It's funny because fsd beta 9 doesn't seem to have acknowledgements for Chuck's risky unprotected lefts.

But you're right, accelerator-only acknowledgements would likely be safer than stalk. Although, I don't think Tesla will have either in the full release. The accelerator acknowledgement may lead to more unintended acceleration incidents and put the car in risky situations as well.

Reactions: sfuape and Ptheven