Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon in Oslo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Norway

Dec 23, 2013
Norway
Ice.jpg

See video at Teslas Norwegian site:
http://www.teslamotors.com/no_NO/

or
http://bcove.me/8drqwgp8

Last edited:

If I understood it properly, there will be bigger battery pack for Model S maybe already next year, AWD for Model S will probably not come before Model X, AWD does not have an impact on range, gigafactory will be built and they want to achieve price reduction in battery pack at least 30% hopefully 40%.
Autopilot might be introduced before 3rd generation and they believe that they will be first ones to do so. If they introduce autopilot for reasonable price (like 2-5.000 USD depending on what it can do) as first in the market than for me it will be a proof that Tesla is really much more capable than any other car manufacturer. All big producers are working on it for years. If Tesla will do it as first than it will beat them at their own game, which would an incredible achivement.

If I understood it properly, there will be bigger battery pack for Model S maybe already next year, AWD for Model S will probably not come before Model X, AWD does not have an impact on range, gigafactory will be built and they want to achieve price reduction in battery pack at least 30% hopefully 40%.
Autopilot might be introduced before 3rd generation and they believe that they will be first ones to do so. If they introduce autopilot for reasonable price (like 2-5.000 USD depending on what it can do) as first in the market than for me it will be a proof that Tesla is really much more capable than any other car manufacturer. All big producers are working on it for years. If Tesla will do it as first than it will beat them at their own game, which would an incredible achivement.

There were a few more important things on top of that:

-JB said that Tesla breaks even for car manufacturing in under 10,000 miles. Tesla will publish whitepaper of the data.
-Seats will get an upgrade around this week. (something to do with springs and comfort of sitting)
-New premium seats next year as an option
-CHaDeMO adapter in April
-Proximity sensor on top of Model X falcon wings would only open if there is enough room for a person to go through
-No AWD Model S for a couple of month, will come out close to X

I read your phrasing here as different from what JB said:
-JB said that Tesla breaks even for car manufacturing in under 10,000 miles. Tesla will publish whitepaper of the data.
More specifically, he was talking about the "green" aspect.

Here was my rough capture:
Q3: Social media. Production and coal based energy. Example from media of Model S not as green as you think.

A(EM): In terms of energy consumption, Norway is extremely green because of the hydro power...no carbon emissions. Generally when they do these calculations, they assume the world doesn't go to sustainable power production... but it has to. But both sides of the equation (sustainable power generation and consumption) need to be solved. For most of the world, I think it's going to be solar. In terms of the production of the car itself, it's not really different from a gasoline car from standpoint of constituent elements. Number of analyses that are incorrect.
A(JB): Decided to do our own study. We've done that whole study internally, and probably will release a whitepaper to answer a lot of these critics. The energy payback driving a Model S happens quite quickly. In miles... less than 10,000 miles.

There will never be on option for AWD on the Model S. Get that through your heads people!

What makes you say this?

There were a few more important things on top of that:

-Seats will get an upgrade around this week. (something to do with springs and comfort of sitting)
-New premium seats next year as an option
-CHaDeMO adapter in April
-Proximity sensor on top of Model X falcon wings would only open if there is enough room for a person to go through
-No AWD Model S for a couple of month, will come out close to X

Thanks to both of you. All very good to hear. I think my plan will be to get the X, then get the AWD S after that which should have all the goodies I've been seeing get added.