Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The press will make sure "the transformation" is complete.

There’s a lot of scandals hitting Tesla CEO Elon Musk all at once, but at least he knows he has a friend in Brazil’s deforester-in-chief Jair Bolsonaro, a right-wing demagogue who similarly to Musk, has a very hard time taking any sort of public criticism, and has tried using the power of his office to make sure his conspiracies don’t get deplatformed.​

I don't know whether it should go in the main thread or here.

From the day he sold Tesla stock to fund the Twitter deal (4/26) - TSLA has lost 35%. Nasdaq has lost 14%. So, about 20% worse than Nasdaq. If you think the usual high beta means, Tesla, should lose 2x14=28% - because of Twitter Tesla has lost an extra 7%.

Personally I feel 20% loss because of Twitter drama makes sense because 4/26 was just after a steller ER and we should have expected TSLA to better than Nasdaq or atleast stay with it.

1653089385850.png

The press will make sure "the transformation" is complete.

There’s a lot of scandals hitting Tesla CEO Elon Musk all at once, but at least he knows he has a friend in Brazil’s deforester-in-chief Jair Bolsonaro, a right-wing demagogue who similarly to Musk, has a very hard time taking any sort of public criticism, and has tried using the power of his office to make sure his conspiracies don’t get deplatformed.​
Today in the mainstream media:

Meeting with the leader of another nation is only something a "supervillain" would do!

Reactions: spacerfc
How about instead of posting snark, you post the actual research and state clearly what you disagree about it?
I refuse to believe that a story about Elon offering a horse in exchange for sex needs bots to go viral. He has built a persona that generates massive engagement for any content that mentions him.
My Elon echo chamber Twitter feed is mostly composed of super fans because I find it all very amusing (I don’t follow any of them, somehow Twitter knows!). I think I’m pretty neutral in my opinion of Elon himself.

I refuse to believe that a story about Elon offering a horse in exchange for sex needs bots to go viral. He has built a persona that generates massive engagement for any content that mentions him.
If that's the case, doesn't the fact that there're bots promoting this tell you something? Clearly someone wants this to be super viral, they're not leaving this to chance.

If that's the case, doesn't the fact that there're bots promoting this tell you something? Clearly someone wants this to be super viral, they're not leaving this to chance.
Not sure why I'm wasting my time on this. haha.
Searched for first two bots in video you linked to. Both suspended:
1653108292351.png

1653108329917.png

However there are other accounts that are probably the same botnet.
1653108439832.png

1653108557048.png

Both crypto scams. Elon is a supporter of crypto currencies so his fans are a good targets. Mystery solved.

Calling him just ‘the leader of another nation’ is like calling Ted Bundy just ‘another American.’
Sure, let's expound on this point.

Jair Bolsonaro is the duly elected President of the democratic nation of Brazil. In fact, unlike a certain other country we are aware of, Brazil's electoral system is a straightforward direct popular vote, meaning Bolsonaro won election of his nation's Presidency by a simple majority of all voters. It can therefore be surmised that an actual majority of the people of Brazil who voted in the election wanted him as their President.

Just a little food for thought while you're busy being mad about how the people of a democracy actually got the leader they wanted and voted for. I should also remind you at this point that you have no right to tell the people of another nation who they should and should not vote for.

Sure, let's expound on this point.

Jair Bolsonaro is the duly elected President of the democratic nation of Brazil. In fact, unlike a certain other country we are aware of, Brazil's electoral system is a straightforward direct popular vote, meaning Bolsonaro won election of his nation's Presidency by a simple majority of all voters. It can therefore be surmised that an actual majority of the people of Brazil who voted in the election wanted him as their President.

Just a little food for thought while you're busy being mad about how the people of a democracy actually got the leader they wanted and voted for. I should also remind you at this point that you have no right to tell the people of another nation who they should and should not vote for.
Sure, ignore everything he represents and engage in pointless explanation of how he was elected.

“I don’t have any right to tell people who they should vote for?“ Where have I ever suggested anything remotely to that effect? 🙂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.