Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twitter banned MarcoRP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Supercharger guru, MarcoRP, on Twitter. So now he has teamed up with TeslaNorth to give us Supercharger news on a weekly basis.

Reactions: tstolze and Mayoo
A little light reading....

Thanks for posting that link @Darmie . I hadn't read that before, but it matches what I have found to be the case with him...he is too wrapped up in receiving "credit" rather than being a service for the Tesla community. My very first interaction with him was actually on Plugshare (even before he became prominent here) and his attitude towards other Plugshare users (including me) was very rude. For as much as he complained about how nobody knew more about his local (Quebec) chargers than him, he sure came across as a know-it-all when it came to the local "coming soon" Plugshare entries in North Carolina and which ones were likely to be Tesla vs. non-Tesla.

A little light reading....

Sounds like a soap opera to me. I never had any issues with him, but if this is the case and I see "receipts", then I can understand. Holding people accountable should be the standard but I guess these days it's not to some. At the end of the day, I will still help as much as possible just because I like to see the excitement of Tesla owners finding out there's a new SuC in their area.

Reactions: Mayoo and RTPEV
I went to tag him in a reply today and came searching for details….. guess I need to lookup teslanorth

MarcoRP is not a current member of TMC. We dont comment on specific actions etc, but I will confirm that they are not currently members here (and we will not likely be commenting other than that).

It doesnt change our rules though, so I would suggest that people not participate in personal attacks etc, or any other conduct we dont allow here (which would likely include any active discussion about the content linked above, etc).

Reactions: Mayoo and Darmie
Details here. got it from teslanorth site

1697423913412.png

So I have mixed feelings about this but at the end of the day, it should be a learning lesson. I think it was cool of him to give us information on what/where chargers will be and that is public information (if you know how to access it). At the same token, do it because you have a passion for it, not to get clicks/likes. This is the world we live in though. Its sucks that he's banned but I really hope its a learning lesson for him.

Reactions: Mayoo