Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who reached out. I suspect Tim. But Elon probably gladly accepted the invitation.
Of course it was Cook.

How do you get fired if you're Tim Cook:

1) Try to build a car.
2) Remove Twitter from the app store and push the only person in the world who actually could compete with you into competing with you.
3) Go to war with Tesla, SpaceX/Starlink and Twitter.
4) Abuse your monopoly power thus inviting the govt to take it away.

The 30% fee is definitely real. I doubt Apple is going to make an exception for Twitter.
There being an imminent threat of Twitter being removed from the App Store is definitely fake.
Most likely working out some deal to get apple back to advertising while Elon is fine with paying 30% for twitter blue. A tit for tat.

Only if the hate speech is toned down. Apple won’t even let R-rated materials onto AppleTV+.
I check Twitter at least once per day and have not noticed any hate speech.

Don't post it here, but if anyone has actually encountered some hate speech in the last 2 weeks, let us know, indicate the number of hate speech Tweets, and whether or not they were taken down, whether or not the poster was banned,.

I would appreciate it if people are honest, because we have no way of checking.

I check Twitter at least once per day and have not noticed any hate speech.

Don't post it here, but if anyone has actually encountered some hate speech in the last 2 weeks, let us know, indicate the number of hate speech Tweets, and whether or not they were taken down, whether or not the poster was banned,.

I would appreciate it if people are honest, because we have no way of checking.
The closest thing that I’ve seen to “hate speech” while browsing the funny pages is the badly photoshopped photo of Alyssa Milano in her handmaiden costume while holding up a sign.

I won’t post it here, but I will say that she amplified it herself by tweeting at Elon with it.

While not attempting to excuse the emissions waste of private jets, here’s something to keep in mind for perspective:

Elon Musk’s rocket emitted 358 tonnes of CO2 in a six-minute flight

This emissions total is the same amount that 4.6 million people in the UK released in the same time period, according to data we sourced from Everyday Astronaut and the Office for National Statistics.
That officially qualifies as one of the worst jobs to exist, "Hello, i am a data scientist and am gathering information. On any given day, how much gas would you say you emit in six minutes"

How is Twitter going to comply with EU regulations ?

Redact it.

A8ADABB7-5234-4B12-8714-64CC6D7813DF.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: EVNow
Of course it was Cook.

How do you get fired if you're Tim Cook:

1) Try to build a car.
2) Remove Twitter from the app store and push the only person in the world who actually could compete with you into competing with you.
3) Go to war with Tesla, SpaceX/Starlink and Twitter.
4) Abuse your monopoly power thus inviting the govt to take it away.
(1) Heard they tried that once, even hiring metal-benders. But they shelved it and are
likely just doing Mobileye-type AI and/or pushing CarPlay.

(2) Tesla/Twitter App Store? The 30% thing is a ruse -- it's really 15% for many folk, including
Amazon for doing the same crybaby stunt as Musk a few years ago.

(3) Indeed, Apple is doing uplink-to-satelite for low-bandwidth stuff now, but Apple & SpaceX both
had meetings about other higher-band offerings (like the SpaceX deal w/T-Mobile for rural fill-in).
As for Twitter, Apple would never compete with them because they are not Disney-like enough --
I'm old enough to remember the eWorld "community" or the failed music community Ping.
Also, they prefer privacy to ads.

(4) So bogus, the monopoly. Not just Google, but Netflix, LinkedIn, and game companies bypass
the App Store. Notwithstanding, Apple will get anti-trust inquiries from EU first though, since
Apple is a deep-pocket target.

Tim Cook is the silverback gorilla here, not Musk the impulsive youngster.

Last edited:
Twitter has become a much calmer place IMO than it was three months ago. All the angry types were literally causing all the angry tweets. There was the occasional right sided moron but there seems to me to have been a greater number of left leaning malcontents. The day to day angry types are drying up or maybe growing up.
I haven't noticed any political change.

The positive changes that I have noticed:-
  • More interesting videos. Video seems smoother,
  • A lot fewer crypto scam posts.
  • More interesting content.
I don't know if this is just perception, it could all be due to fewer crypto scam posts.

So all the Apple drama may not have been a real thing just something Elon made up in his mind.
Hi probability.
But then this "realtime justification" make him look bad again.
An open nerve system.
The sum of Tweets in the last three weeks could be reduced to 10% substance and 90% subjective impressions of instability.
And these symptoms swap over in the light of public, not here though, where we dissect the slightest greyshade towards our bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.