Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Tim Cook own a Tesla? Hopefully he had a thing or two to say about software release processes and not using customers as beta testers. Apple hasn't really ever broken my MacBook Pro with a software update. Tesla on the other hand...

Yeah, but that doesn't apply to all of their products:

Just a small subset. Don't assume Apple's updates are all perfect (neither are Windows updates from Microsoft) and certainly don't think that Tesla is somehow alone in breaking certain features or functionality with software updates.

View attachment 879980

So disingenuous. Elon wants to make it transparent and he doesn't want the government to decide, that's why feel threatened that one person get's to decide that they don't get to decide.
When it comes to Twitter I trust nothing that comes from Elon.
1669901788739.jpeg

Of course it was Cook.

How do you get fired if you're Tim Cook:

1) Try to build a car.
2) Remove Twitter from the app store and push the only person in the world who actually could compete with you into competing with you.
3) Go to war with Tesla, SpaceX/Starlink and Twitter.
4) Abuse your monopoly power thus inviting the govt to take it away.
Or the call could have been like this: “I see you’ve been spreading some completely made-up BS on Twitter and.... no, not that. And.... no, not that either... that stuff about us dropping the Twitter app. It’s harming how people see our brand. And yours. For no good reason. So why don’t you drop by and I’ll not only explain why that is unlikely and even let you talk to our App Store leadership and look at our email traffic about Twitter.
Yeah, 1 o’clock, great, I’ll be at the front gate waiting in a white Model X."

ELON MUSK CLAIMS to be “fighting for free speech in America” but the social network’s new owner appears to be overseeing a purge of left-wing activists from the platform. Several prominent antifascist organizers and journalists have had their accounts suspended in the past week, after right-wing operatives appealed directly to Musk to ban them and far-right internet trolls flooded Twitter’s complaints system with false reports about terms of service violations. As the Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin noted on Twitter, the suspended users include Chad Loder, an antifascist researcher whose open-source investigation of the U.S. Capitol riot led to the identification and arrest of a masked Proud Boy who attacked police officers. The account of video journalist Vishal Pratap Singh, who reports on far-right protests in Southern California, has also been suspended.

ELON MUSK CLAIMS to be “fighting for free speech in America” but the social network’s new owner appears to be overseeing a purge of left-wing activists from the platform. Several prominent antifascist organizers and journalists have had their accounts suspended in the past week, after right-wing operatives appealed directly to Musk to ban them and far-right internet trolls flooded Twitter’s complaints system with false reports about terms of service violations. As the Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin noted on Twitter, the suspended users include Chad Loder, an antifascist researcher whose open-source investigation of the U.S. Capitol riot led to the identification and arrest of a masked Proud Boy who attacked police officers. The account of video journalist Vishal Pratap Singh, who reports on far-right protests in Southern California, has also been suspended.

Bogus mass reporting is also used by China to try to suppress opponents.

Automated AI-based systems suck.

Yeah, but that doesn't apply to all of their products:

Just a small subset. Don't assume Apple's updates are all perfect (neither are Windows updates from Microsoft) and certainly don't think that Tesla is somehow alone in breaking certain features or functionality with software updates.
Sure, but frequency matters. If I had to use an adverb of indefinite frequency to describe how often a software update breaks things, I'd say that Tesla's updates usually, normally, or often break stuff, while Apple's updates seldom or rarely do. But you're right, Tesla is better than "always" and Apple is worse than "never".

adverbs-of-frequency-english-grammar-700x700.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Or the call could have been like this: “I see you’ve been spreading some completely made-up BS on Twitter and.... no, not that. And.... no, not that either... that stuff about us dropping the Twitter app. It’s harming how people see our brand. And yours. For no good reason. So why don’t you drop by and I’ll not only explain why that is unlikely and even let you talk to our App Store leadership and look at our email traffic about Twitter.
Yeah, 1 o’clock, great, I’ll be at the front gate waiting in a white Model X."
It was a public demonstration of power. You either have it or you don't. Looks like Elon has it. (Or else maybe Tim invites everyone over to offer big discounts on their service.) Elon needed this done fast and he made it happen. Bravo.

If Elon had the power wouldn't Tim Cook have visited Twitter?🤔
Would you have wanted to be seen going to Twitter HQ if you were Cook? The real question is: Who made the call? Cook gets to save face but Elon won.

In a way Apple won though too. I suspect they're under a lot of pressure to isolate Musk and Twitter. Having been threatened by DeSantis and McCarthy, Cook can say they were forced into playing nice.

It was a public demonstration of power. You either have it or you don't. Looks like Elon has it. (Or else maybe Tim invites everyone over to offer big discounts on their service.) Elon needed this done fast and he made it happen. Bravo.

Honestly, I see the opposite. Everything Elon did regarding Apple all looked like weakness:

1) Accuse Apple of threatening to remove Twitter from the app store, without presenting any evidence.
2) Elon makes the dumbest statement possible about Apple hating free speech because they backed off on ads.
3) Elon @tim_cook twitter handle.
4) Elon shows up at the Apple HQ and then thanks Tim

During all of of this, Tim doesn't take the bait and doesn't say anything publicly. It's a 100% clown show from Elon. Nothing about anything he did shows strength or power.

Honestly, I see the opposite. Everything Elon did regarding Apple all looked like weakness:

1) Accuse Apple of threatening to remove Twitter from the app store, without presenting any evidence.
2) Elon makes the dumbest statement possible about Apple hating free speech because they backed off on ads.
3) Elon @tim_cook twitter handle.
4) Elon shows up at the Apple HQ and then thanks Tim

During all of of this, Tim doesn't take the bait and doesn't say anything publicly. It's a 100% clown show from Elon. Nothing about anything he did shows strength or power.
Exactly. The optics are: Musk went to Apple, not vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.