Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDC advises, creates guidance for the medical community. They have no authority to mandate any lock downs, vaccines etc etc etc.

If a Doctor tells you to take Aspirin after you tell him you have no Allergies and you have no allergies documented you can’t blame the Doctor. Now if a second doctor gives you Aspirin after you tell him you are allergic to it then by all means go to town with them.

Fauci provided the information he had as an Infectious Disease expert. I would never take medical treatment advice from Fauci….

So the CDC only advises and creates guidance? They are not responsible if their advice and guidance creates a negative (or positive) impact on society or people? Basically, if they are wrong (there are a lot of people who think the CDC is wrong), there is no recourse? Fauci tried his best even though he is wrong, he should not be held responsible?

Interesting theory. The States.. the Governors.. etc. were getting advice from an entity that has no mechanism to be accurate or correct. Basically, the CDC (I'm assuming) wanted to give correct information, but there are no repercussion for it being incorrect.

Strange. If I go to a mechanic and he tells me I should replace my brakes, but then I later found out I needless replaced my brakes since the car is still making the same metallic noises, I would assume the mechanic to be liable since I paid him for the advice and guidance. I guess the CDC doesn't work like that. The tax payers funds the CDC, but the American people don't get any guarantees to the validity of the advice or guidance. Seems like a raw deal to me. I guess with the CDC, it "caveat emptor"... also, are we in a throngs of another COVID spike according to the CDC? but now, very few people wear their masks... oh well... whatever...

Last edited:
Funny story, he actually did claim masks were useless. He later admitted that it was a noble lie to ensure supplies for healthcare workers. Public health officials trying to manipulate people instead of just telling the truth was a big failure of our pandemic response IMO.
Not a funny story. 100% True. The first thing the authorities and the CDC told us was a flat out lie.

So the CDC only advises and creates guidance? They are not responsible if their advice and guidance creates a negative (or positive) impact on society or people? Basically, if they are wrong (there are a lot of people who think the CDC is wrong), there is no recourse? Fauci tried his best even though he is wrong, he should not be held responsible?

Interesting theory. The States.. the Governors.. etc. were getting advice from an entity that has no mechanism to be accurate or correct. Basically, the CDC (I'm assuming) wanted to give correct information, but there are no repercussion for it being incorrect.

Strange. If I go to a mechanic and he tells me I should replace my brakes, but then I later found out I needless replaced my brakes since the car is still making the same metallic noises, I would assume the mechanic to be liable since I paid him for the advice and guidance. I guess the CDC doesn't work like that. The tax payers found the CDC, but the American people don't get any guarantees to the validity of the advice or guidance. Seems like a raw deal to me. I guess with the CDC, it "caveat emptor"... also, are we in a throngs of another COVID spike according to the CDC? but now, very few people wear their masks... oh well... whatever...

You realize your mechanic scenario happens all the time? It’s called diagnosing. What’s funny is your Doctors do it too. They make a diagnosis and have two other possibilities.

Have you been to the CDC website lately and seen how many times their guidance has changed?

It’s science. I don’t get why people have a hard time understanding that when it comes to diseases and treatments, it will change over time and some options will be dropped while other will be added.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

Covid second-guessing NOW is easy.

Yes, hindsight is 20/20.. some people got COVID correct.. some got it wrong. It's time for a post mortem and figure out why some people were right and some people wrong; and how to be better at this type of things. Perhaps those that "got it right" -- we should listen to them more and those that got it wrong -- we should listen to them less.

Yes, hindsight is 20/20.. some people got COVID correct.. some got it wrong. It's time for a post mortem and figure out why some people were right and some people wrong; and how to be better at this type of things. Perhaps those that "got it right" -- we should listen to them more and those that got it wrong -- we should listen to them less.
We can call it a “truth and reconciliation” commission.

You realize your mechanic scenario happens all the time? It’s called diagnosing. What’s funny is your Doctors do it too. They make a diagnosis and have two other possibilities.

Have you been in the CDC website lately and seen how many times their guidance has changed?

It’s science. I don’t get why people have a hard time understanding that when it comes to diseases and treatments, it will change over time and some options will be dropped while other will be added.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

Why even listen to the CDC if their guidance is constantly changing and they are not responsible for their statements or guidance? Isn't that like taking advice from the internet? There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to keep the CDC honest or accurate. No body is going to get fired.. nobody is going to get reprimanded if they say something incorrect.. why even bother with them at all???? That's what a several governors did during the pandemic. They listened to their own experts which they can fire and which they can look over their research etc...

In other words, without accountability, isn't the CDC a joke? Remember, if you hire a doctor or a surgeon, and if they do a bad job giving you bad advice, you can sue them. And in case of death or grave bodily harm, they can also be criminally tried for negligence which apparently the CDC cannot.

Last edited:
Like he got it right? Sounds like we should listen to him less.
20221211_162412.jpg

Why even listen to the CDC if their guidance is constantly changing and they are not responsible for their statements or guidance? Isn't that like taking advice from the internet? There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to keep the CDC honest or accurate. No body is going to get fired.. nobody is going to get reprimanded if they say something incorrect.. why even bother with them at all???? That's what a several governors did during the pandemic. They listened to their own experts which they can fire and which they can look over their research etc...

In other words, without accountability, isn't the CDC a joke?
The head of the CDC did get fired.

Elon Musk needs to go, he is clearly a loose canon that can not possibly run a company the size of Tesla right now with any competency. He needs an emergency IV infusion of humility. He is acting more and more erratic every day bordering on Howard Hughes type madness. The best possible thing Tesla can do now is is to do what Apple did in 1985 with Steve Jobs when they fired him. Maybe EM will go to a mountain top and discover what it means to be a decent person, come back to Tesla and take it through the stratosphere the same way Steve Jobs did with Apple when he returned a decade later. Steve said many times that getting fired was the best possible thing that could have happened to him at that point in his life and whether people want to believe or not the time is now for EM to go adios. Tesla is a great company and I don't want to see it go down the drain with a conspiracy loving CEO.

It’s not about Musk being right or wrong. It’s about Musk putting forth these opinions, without rigor, on an enormous stage. As an investor, that’s my concern.
Yes. Further, opinions have other consequences, especially disinfo-based ones if amplified enough.
Consequently, Dr. Fauci had/has 24/7 armed-guard protection because of the loons.

Since the vaxxed Musk (who believes in basic science ala SpaceX/Tesla) earlier copped to stating on Twitter
about RNA vaccine science being real, his Fauci comment seems more like performance art put out there to test
anti-bot algos than his true belief. But he should admit that if true, or it'll just fan more cringeworthy flames.

The head of the CDC did get fired.

So there is accountability? Assuming Fauci was wrong, why did he not get fired? Was there also a major shakeup at the CDC? Were there changes in protocol? Changes on how they made decisions on recommendations, changes that would make the CDC more accurate and "correct" instead of changing their guidance so much, etc. etc.. .. If not, why not?????

So there is accountability? Assuming Fauci was wrong, why did he not get fired? Was there also a major shakeup at the CDC? Were there changes in protocol? Changes on how they made decides, etc... If not, why not?????
As far as I can tell Fauci was mostly right. There is no way to hire scientists who are right all the time.
I think the CDC did a poor job during the pandemic. I have no idea how to fix it. I don’t think politicizing things helps.

As far as I can tell Fauci was mostly right. There is no way to hire scientists who are right all the time.
I think the CDC did a poor job during the pandemic. I have no idea how to fix it. I don’t think politicizing things helps.

With the power of hindsight, we can actually tell who got what right.. and who got what wrong... and who was mostly right and who was mostly wrong. Yes, politicizing things do not help. Scientist cannot be right all the time, but there will be some that are right more than others. We need to find them and elevate them while dismissing those that got it mostly wrong.

As time progresses, more and more people seem to think Fauci got it mostly wrong. I agree with this, however, I am open to research on the subject. In other words, what did Fauci get right? I really cant' think of too much.. at this time, I can't think of anything to be honest. I'm sure he must of got something right.

Not a funny story. 100% True. The first thing the authorities and the CDC told us was a flat out lie.
What people forget is at that time the thought was the virus would not transfer far in the air so masking was only required for people in close proximity with many infected people, i.e. health professionals. Given that "knowledge" and a limited mask supply the advice was not a "flat out lie". As we gained data the advice changed, that's rational.

Excuse my ignorance, but what did Elon do that would warrant his removal as CEO, is it just what you posted in the screenshots? I don’t use twitter, so if this is something that strictly happened on there then this is probably why I am ill-informed.

You said people that you know are no longer interested in buying a Tesla, are Tesla sales slumping because Elon bought twitter? As a shareholder I know the stock isn’t doing the greatest right now, but I don’t stress over long-term investments.
Why do you think this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.