Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I get it. That’s funny. He made a joke about wokeness and “holiday” firmware hinting that it obviously should be Christmas because.. you know… white people Jesus and all that. And you follow up with Kwanzaa joke which is like… you know (wink, wink) a black people holiday. Funny riffing from the Charlottesville torch-bearing crowd.

Maybe you’re Stephen Miller then?

I don't even recognize this guy any more. Who is this a*hole tweeting as Elon Musk?

Gleefully amplifying trolls, propagandists, and outright criminals. Endlessly repeating lies based on nothing at all. Ridiculing people for failing to suck up to him. Messing destructively and dangerously with people's lives. This is either a serious mental breakdown or other internal tragedy.

Soon I expect to see him tweeting:
"Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred..."

What a tragedy.

I don't understand these people that are still obsessed with covid. In the US this pandemic is over, it's history. There are no lockdowns. No one is forcing you to wear a mask. No one is requiring a vaccination.

Do these people just want to take revenge on the establishment that tried to save their lives 2 years ago?

Lighting $44B on fire is a pretty good comparison to me. You find me another corporate takeover parallel to this dumpster fire if you can.

P.S. you can’t.
I would probably say that in NOMINAL terms the AOL take over of Time Warner in June 2000 was overall worse.. at ~$190 B paid (most ppl said at the time it was 80-100$ too much) which would be ~ $320B in todays dollars, and the value destruction in short order was multiples of 44B. Similar circumstances, top tick price and market and then a significant market downturn that probably either forced their hand or pressed their pride.. It was value destruction the likes of which we haven’t seen since.

One would have to INCLUDE the value destruction of Tesla stock value ~700B over the past 12 months, and allocate some portion of that TO the 44B paid/overpaid for twitter to get a nominal amount that could even come close to the overpayment and value destruction of the Time Warner AOL acquisition.

There is a part of me that thinks there could be some strange logic to EM plan with Twitter AS A VALUE DESTRUCTION vehicle at these high levels. Take it down, book losses, offset massive gains, (his numbers are so large for his various entities that there IS some odd value there for capital losses as an asset)

Last edited:
I don't understand these people that are still obsessed with covid. In the US this pandemic is over, it's history. There are no lockdowns. No one is forcing you to wear a mask. No one is requiring a vaccination.

Do these people just want to take revenge on the establishment that tried to save their lives 2 years ago?

They want to re-write history to say that Covid was nothing but a flu, that the millions in excess deaths didn’t happen, that NYC didn’t have to use refrigerated trucks for temporary morgues or dig mass graves and that the vaccines are dangerous.

Just see Elon’s favorite for US President who is massively grandstanding as an anti-science, Covid denier to cement his support in the republican base.

When you were in middle school there were probably a lot of "fat jokes" directed at some overweight kids. You probably laughed at them and thought they were funny. From everything you've written so far I have every reason to believe that even today you think they're just funny jokes. But they're not and they never were. They were and are expressions of hate. Nearly everything the Babylon Bee writes is similarly pure hate pretending to masquerade as humor. That you can't see it says a lot about who you are.

I wonder what singuy thinks about what that Purdue Northwest Channcellor being of asian descent. It's always a "joke" I've felt when things were meant to be insulting, but people back off after getting called out on it.

Need to ask actual Asian folks, but some vids/news I've seen wasn't too kind to his weak apology after getting called out on it. I believe people who are asian typically feel what the Chancellor did is similar to using N words, slant eyes, commenting or pics of nooses, etc...

Last edited:
I would probably say that in NOMINAL terms the AOL take over of Time Warner in June 2000 was overall worse.. at ~$190 B paid (most ppl said at the time it was 80-100$ too much) which would be ~ $320B in todays dollars, and the value destruction in short order was multiples of 44B. Similar circumstances, top tick price and market and then a significant market downturn that probably either forced their hand or pressed their pride.. It was value destruction the likes of which we haven’t seen since.

One would have to INCLUDE the value destruction of Tesla stock value ~700B over the past 12 months, and allocate some portion of that TO the 44B paid/overpaid for twitter to get a nominal amount that could even come close to the overpayment and value destruction of the Time Warner AOL acquisition.

There is a part of me that thinks there could be some strange logic to EM plan with Twitter AS A VALUE DESTRUCTION vehicle at these high levels. Take it down, book losses, offset massive gains, (his numbers are so large for his various entities that there IS some odd value there for capital losses as an asset)
oof... yeah, well there is that one. haha. At least at some point.. there was an idea that this was strategic. simplemindedly so.. but yeah. strategery.

Twitter + EVs + rockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.