Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Tunnel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Musk seems to have an obsession with tubes and cylinders, noticing his space rockets, tunneling plans and hyperloop vision.
Instead of having people go from A to B in box-like cars that weigh 25 times as much as the driver (usually the only occupant) and that are as wide as the driver is tall, Musk might consider moving them in sleek, lightweight canister- or pod-like vehicles.
There's a lot of 'space' that can be gained by that... plus a lot of clean air.

hyperloop.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lunitiks
IMG_1137.JPG

While looking for any HyperLoop SpaceX event stuff going on, I saw this excavating approximately matching the description of Elon's "digging starts tonight" tweet. Standard equipment at the surface, and then ?

It's between the area I assume is about logical north (actually just north) of Rocket Road and a large canal, north of a parking structure, across street from main SpaceX campus.

While once again trying to go to the SpaceX event (HyperLoop test event one), I went by the possible tunnel project (no confirmation from my side yet). They brought out a post digger, I'm guessing to put in tunnel side posts, for a construction wall to hold up the dirt on the side they won't dig while digging. Here's a photo.

IMG_1150.JPG

Honestly, this could be any building, and totally unrelated to any tunnel.

The most likely thing here in my mind right now is a pedestrian tunnel, since someone was run over crossing the street recently.

Reactions: GoTslaGo and mspohr