Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email confirmation date/time = position in line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several threads have trying to crack tesla confirmation numbers to determine position in line. Thinking the date/time on email confirmation from tesla might be a way to track. I reserved online right when it opened on 31st at 1030 pm EST. Neighbor did same. My email confirmation came 12 minutes after hers - April 1st 10:42pm. Seems logical they would process email confirmations in same order received.

Thoughts? Any ideas on how to use the information? Realize current owners, local allocations and features play factor down the road. Maybe this provides at least ballpark number to pass our time for now...

Some people received email confirmations days after others despite reserving at the same time.

Your spot in line is determined by transaction time, priority status, and region. There's no more magic to it than that.

hmm interesting theory, I reserved mine online towards the end of the reveal, right before they brought out the three test cars, so I'm guessing around 8:45 pm PST, and I'm from Midwest. My confirmation email arrived at 5:20pm on April 1st, again PST for consistency.

'My Tesla' page has a reservation date (without timestamp): 'Your Model 3 was reserved on <mm/dd/yyyy>. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation.' Mine has March 31st, though I received confirmation email on April 1. I wasn't too concerned about it since the salesperson who took my reservation warned me about the confirmation email delays.

So based on that I don't think that email time stamp has anything to do with the place in the queue.

Nope. The several threads you mentioned all ended with people pointing out that the RNs don't hold any useful info. What ucmndd said hasn't been confirmed but it makes the most sense. The time of transaction is our best indicator.

A thread where people list their time of transaction would make more sense.... but it won't really paint a picture until we have actual delivery data to confirm.

It's going to be a long hard wait, but rolling out the jump to conclusions mat is only going to drag it out and add confusion as well.

I think there will be a complex queuing algorithm where there will be several queues based on what sort of a profile one fits. Input to select which queue will be order time, region, priority, configuration (current MS/X owner etc.). The result will be many queues - certainly too many to work out manually.After these queues have been created, each of us will have a definite position in that queue but it would not end there. Then they will come up with another algorithm to decide how each queue is emptied e.g. for every delivery of high priority queue, there will be deliveries from front of other queues. Then they will have to factor in other details like production throughput, shipping delays, etc. to work out approximate delivery dates.

So what all this means is, until we get to hear from Tesla, it will be difficult to know when we will get ours. Unfortunately, what this also means is that even if we get an email asking us to configure the car, that will also not be an indication of when we will get the car because the configuration itself will be an input to the queuing algorithm.

I never even got an email confirmation of my in store order on 3/31 at 10:30am (but I had a RN a few hours later). My confirmation email for my online order at 10:45 ET came almost 24 hours later even though I had a RN not long after.