Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EmDrive results verified again by NASA. New way to Mars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is more probable? A reactionless-drive-system (right from Niven's sci-fi), breaking current understanding of physics, or error in the test system. Measured thrust is minuscule...

Measured trust is 360 times greater than trust of photons. It is not too difficult to measure. I can imagine one cause for this trust using current physics: Microwaves remove and accelerate some atoms from device. So it works as an ion drive. I did not see this in their list of 9 error sources. But I have to reread with more time. Certainly NASA has verified this does not happen...

Trust/power is too small to be useful, but perhaps system can be optimized.

As long as there is even small possibility of new physics, this must be studied .

Was Niven really first? Asimov's Foundation had, but perhaps not original stories. Original Star Trek had impulse drive.

Physics have been continually modified over the years. I'm not saying the EmDrive works, but it's worth looking into, when independent studies seem to corroborate previous claims. They should put a small system into space and see if it accelerates.
Shawyer is putting a system in space with a UK firm with a small satellite. Will be very interesting to understand if this is real or measurement bias. Schrodinger's cat may finally catch a mouse...