Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error rolling out of Tesla Lot with brand NEW MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Issues on new vehicles is not specific to Tesla - a quick google will find you plenty with other brands - 5 seconds got me a Porsche Taycan nightmare - Porsche is “premium” right? https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-problematic-car-ive-ever-owned-by-far.15584/

These are all niggles of issues.

Can you post links to any catastrophic failures that left Taycan owners on the side of the road with completely dead car? I am wondering if only Tesla had the bright idea to design a car that goes completely dead when one of the two inverters has a failure. And I wonder if Tesla managed to design an inverter that fails at a much higher rate so soon in life. I am convinced now that EV's are less reliable than ICE cars opposite of all the propaganda, but I wonder if any are worst than Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: jkdman123

Can you post links to any catastrophic failures that left Taycan owners on the side of the road with completely dead car? I am wondering if only Tesla had the bright idea to design a car that goes completely dead when one of the two inverters has a failure. And I wonder if Tesla managed to design an inverter that fails at a much higher rate so soon in life. I am convinced now that EV's are less reliable than ICE cars opposite of all the propaganda, but I wonder if any are worst than Tesla.
You've got to be kidding. Go on any other manufacturers forum and you'll see plenty of major issues that essentially make the car useless, like transmission issues in Chevy Silverados or Trailblazers. The truth of the matter is that nobody here can accurately quantify who is best or who is worst. Also, ICE engines have had a hundred years to mature their reliability, so you have to be willing to accept that when buying Tesla or any BEV.

Don't get me wrong, Tesla has a LONG way to go on build quality considering the amount you pay. And if they don't improve they WILL eventually get that shoved up their backside when someone comes out with a legit BEV contender that has quality commensurate with price. They've been fortunate that nobody has been able to match their experience, design, and (one of the most underrated aspects) charging infrastructure. Elon doesn't really have to drastically improve build quality right now because it's not really costing him sales and if he did it would cost him revenue by increasing the average build time per car.

Thanks. Good to know all EV's suck. Time to sell all my EV's and go back to reliable ICE cars.

• Disagree
I agree with everything you have said. I experienced the same failure with my $100K Model S. I am a car nut, and no way are these types of failures with Tesla's normal for the car industry. It's almost unheard of for new ICE cars to have these types of catastrophic failures so soon and with such low mileage. And not only did my car lose all propulsion and coast to a stop, but within 15 mins all power to the car was lost and I couldn't even put on the safety hazards.

Did you open a case with the NHTSA? If not, please do. Fanboys are going to defend Tesla to the death, but if we all report these failures to NHTSA, they can bring awareness to these unusually large number of failures that are a major safety issue and put pressure on Tesla to improve their crappy engineering designs that save them a few pennies at the expense of the safety of the families driving in their cars and others that may ram into one of these dead Tesla's.

You’ve obviously never owned a Jeep. My brother-in-law’s brand new Jeep suffered a total transmission failure on his way home from the dealer, couldn’t be repaired, had to be replaced. One month later the engine blew. It spent so much time at the dealership he invoked the lemon law.

Reactions: WyoDude
You’ve obviously never owned a Jeep. My brother-in-law’s brand new Jeep suffered a total transmission failure on his way home from the dealer, couldn’t be repaired, had to be replaced. One month later the engine blew. It spent so much time at the dealership he invoked the lemon law.

Good to know that Tesla's are as unreliable or even more unreliable than a Jeep.

Good to know that Tesla's are as unreliable or even more unreliable than a Jeep.
No, just facts that counter your claim. Nothing more. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Show me the numbers that back up your claim that "It's almost unheard of for new ICE cars to have these types of catastrophic failures so soon and with such low mileage."

(moderator note)

Since active forum members know we do not allow personal attacks here, this will be the only announcement to "please stop". If I have to take more action than I already have, if the recipients of such action are either forum vets who know we dont allow this, or repeat offenders, the action will likely be considered punitive / unfair.

Debate = yes, namecalling (even infantile namecalling) = no.

Reactions: pipestem