TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles!!

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by vickh, Sep 26, 2019.

1. vickh

vickh Active Member

So the big question is how do I get them to push it ASAP...

Introducing Software Version 10.0

Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
    To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars.

So the big question is how do I get them to push it ASAP...

2. zackmd1

zackmd1 Member

I think us SR/SR+ folks are in for a decent wait for V10... We might get the update within the next week or so. I was kinda hoping that V10 would also bring the premium connectivity option for SR/SR+ owners but that does not seem to be the case yet.

• Like x 1
  3. vickh

vickh Active Member

week is pretty quick for Tesla time. Advanced update mode is active and waiting. Does being on wifi help move it along?

I'm waiting for the $100 premium connectivity option too and will use a hotspot in the interim.

• Informative x 1
  4. zackmd1

zackmd1 Member

Far as I know, wifi will only be used to download the update. Your car will receive the notification of an available update regardless if it is connected to wifi.

5. newtonfb

newtonfb Member

Owner on reddit with SR+ says he can use Spotify on while driving and no wifi.

6. zackmd1

zackmd1 Member

If that's true then it's likely a bug IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if it stopped working all of a sudden. That or it's more proof premium connectivity is coming that we pay for.

7. newtonfb

newtonfb Member

It also seems useless to enable Spotify just for wifi... We already know the subscription is coming.

8. zackmd1

zackmd1 Member

I agree. I saw a theory in another thread that they are waiting to announce the preminum connectivity package until after end of Q3 so that they can have the revenue bump for Q4. V10 is certainly the time to release it.

9. malou

malou Member