Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Year Metallic Silvers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else waiting for a metallic silver? I ‘special ordered’ one 11/19 and am wondering if there is any hope getting it this year. Surprised they let me given that it was announced ac discontinued...makes me think they are still making them.

A couple weeks ago I was told by a customer service hotline representative that the next Metallic Silver batch wouldn't be until January.

I'm amazed you could order it this late. Your build shows Metallic Silver listed online?

I've seen maybe less than a handful of Silver Model 3s here in the bay atea. However just saw one today. Looked great and it is attention getting as they are rare to see and fun to spot on the roads. Hope everyone gets theirs by year end. Are you guys going black interior or white seating?

We are going black - not a fan of the white look, at least for me. I just got assigned a VIN for a metallic silver AWD, with delivery this week. Extremely impressed with the quick turnaround for an off-menu car. It was manufactured late September, so likely some excess inventory they are trying to push through. I'm good with that.

We are going black - not a fan of the white look, at least for me. I just got assigned a VIN for a metallic silver AWD, with delivery this week. Extremely impressed with the quick turnaround for an off-menu car. It was manufactured late September, so likely some excess inventory they are trying to push through. I'm good with that.
Anyone else waiting for a metallic silver? I ‘special ordered’ one 11/19 and am wondering if there is any hope getting it this year. Surprised they let me given that it was announced ac discontinued...makes me think they are still making them.

Ordered my M3 on 11/2 in metallic silver and it was delivered 11/12. Surprises how quick- it’s beautiful!

An update on my experience getting a metallic silver in case it helps someone else.

I was matched with a silver car, but when I went to take delivery I noticed an issue with one of the panels - paint didn't look right as if it has been re-painted poorly. They inspected it and said it shouldn't have been approved for delivery. They worked hard to match me with another, and a few days later I took delivery of a beautiful metallic silver Model 3 AWD. Both cars had what appears to be an early October MFG date.

My guess is they and re-added silver as an off-menu item in an effort to sell that off some remaining inventory. The car I first was matched with was probably still around because it needed a repair of some kind...could be the case with other cars as well.

My advice: if you are receiving a metallic silver, inspect carefully..