Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enercare Delivery Charge for Condo Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need help with understanding Delivery Charges for Electricity to my bay at my condo. I invested about $10,000 in getting the whole thing set up. Enercare did not charge a delivery charge for two years and all of a sudden they are billing me a monthly delivery charge of $56 to $64. I rarely charge my Tesla, the actual charging cost is about $16 per month but now all of a sudden my bill has shot up to around $85 a month because of this delivery charge. If anyone can shed any light on this for me, I'd be most grateful as it doesn't make sense that a delivery charge is 4 times the consumption.

I need help with understanding Delivery Charges for Electricity to my bay at my condo. I invested about $10,000 in getting the whole thing set up. Enercare did not charge a delivery charge for two years and all of a sudden they are billing me a monthly delivery charge of $56 to $64. I rarely charge my Tesla, the actual charging cost is about $16 per month but now all of a sudden my bill has shot up to around $85 a month because of this delivery charge. If anyone can shed any light on this for me, I'd be most grateful as it doesn't make sense that a delivery charge is 4 times the consumption.

Ouch.

Might also need to talk to condo management about it.
You could get hammered if you're suddenly paying demand charges.

What are the details on the bill? It should be itemized as to what you are paying for.

But, there generally are base costs. Things like a meter may be amortized in your bill. Just call them up and ask.

Electric Residential Interval Commodity
Description Quantity Amount
208.8043 kWh @ $0.077 / kWh 208.8043 $16.08
Delivery $0.60
HST #86296 8880 RT0001 16.6800 $2.17
8% Provincial Rebate 16.6800 ($1.33)
Total Electricity Charges $17.52
Electric Residential Interval T&D
Description Quantity Amount
Delivery $56.39
Regulatory Charges $1.09
Total Charges $57.48
HST #86296 8880 RT0001 57.4800 $7.47
8% Provincial Rebate 57.4800 ($4.60)
Your Total Electricity Charges $60.35

Recent Consumption
Show legend
Meter:
SUITE 402b Electricityselect

That sounds about right, here in Alberta we get a $36.00 delivery charge. I have an RV lot that I don't use all winter and every month the bill comes in for $0 in electricity charges and $35.00 in delivery charges. Tried fighting it but they said its a standard charge on all bills.I have checked other suppliers and some have even higher charges for delivery. My guess is that your condo Management was paying for this then caught on and had it moved to your account since you paid the costs for the setup.

Reactions: SSedan
This is the bill I got his month, electricity charge $17.52 but Delivery charge $56.39
It sounds like the Tesla charger is treated as an independent account, with it's own account. Have friends and family in Ontario and there are minimum charges just for having electricity connected. Is there any way you an add the Tesla usage to your condo bill, under one account? I bet you already pay similar delivery charges on your condo electric bill.

You sound like your on a independant service, not on the condo's. If so get on the building's electrical system and have them sub meter your line. That is what we do here on large equipment draws or sub tenants where electricity usage is a concern.

Unless there going to pass the same usage fees directly to you.