Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy display not showing the numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have upgraded to the latest firmware and i niticed that the numbers around the energy graph display have disappeared

Attachments

• AA4B198D-F765-4D63-977A-77AD8062466B.jpeg
    AA4B198D-F765-4D63-977A-77AD8062466B.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 237
I also got 2021.32.10 and see the same. I'm afraid it's most likely intentional. I liked being able to tell which model I was in by the numbers, and I think that the region is misrepresented without the numbers, but I suppose it's sleeker and the numbers didn't really tell much since there were no notches to match them up to anyway.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware and i niticed that the numbers around the energy graph display have disappeared
Yep. Same here. 2021.32.21 did it for me.

Honestly I'm a little sad. I can't be the only one. People don't like takeaways. I wonder what problem Tesla was solving by removing these numbers. I guess drivers asking questions about it or filing lawsuits based on it was just becoming too expensive. If not then they just did it out of spite. It's kind of an Apple mentality- pre-emptively take away a feature from everyone *today* because it might be irrelevant or problematic *tomorrow*. Meanwhile we all die a little because the world is less fun. Ok that was dark. Anyway I liked the numbers.

Yep. Same here. 2021.32.21 did it for me.

Honestly I'm a little sad. I can't be the only one. People don't like takeaways. I wonder what problem Tesla was solving by removing these numbers. I guess drivers asking questions about it or filing lawsuits based on it was just becoming too expensive. If not then they just did it out of spite. It's kind of an Apple mentality- pre-emptively take away a feature from everyone *today* because it might be irrelevant or problematic *tomorrow*. Meanwhile we all die a little because the world is less fun. Ok that was dark. Anyway I liked the numbers.
I definitely prefer having the numbers there, but I'm afraid they intentionally removed them to better match their overall design cues (sleek, minimalist, whatever). Considering that they haven't given us back full control of our HVAC in 3 years, I kinda doubt the numbers are coming back.

i think it's a bug. if you look at the energy graph it shows your current usage but the integer values are missing. this breaks all the trip odo stats as well.
I think I saw you mention something like that in another thread about this. Maybe we're talking about different things. Did they do something to the energy *app* also? I'm just talking about the lack of a numeric legend surrounding the ring-shaped real-time kW display in the instrument cluster photo in the OP of this thread..

I think I saw you mention something like that in another thread about this. Maybe we're talking about different things. Did they do something to the energy *app* also? I'm just talking about the lack of a numeric legend surrounding the ring-shaped real-time kW display in the instrument cluster photo in the OP of this thread..

I'm not sure...a picture is worth a thousand words. Everything that uses the energy rating is borked.

Attachments

• PXL_20211007_004333012.jpg
    PXL_20211007_004333012.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 116
  • PXL_20211007_004350619.jpg
    PXL_20211007_004350619.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 98
  • PXL_20211007_010908981.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211007_010908981.MP.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Helpful
Reactions: Harvey Danger
Oh wow

That is *not* what I saw.

Yeah, that's a bug.

I've got '16, MCU2

2021.32.21 at least kept energy app intact

It's the only IC that's bugging me, just like in the OP

Honestly I'm glad I brought this up. We were seriously talking about different things until you posted those screen shots.

Oh wow

That is *not* what I saw.

Yeah, that's a bug.

I've got '16, MCU2

2021.32.21 at least kept energy app intact

It's the only IC that's bugging me, just like in the OP

Honestly I'm glad I brought this up. We were seriously talking about different things until you posted those screen shots.
Same here, 2021.32.22 only removes the numbers from the IC. Everything else is fine.