Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced AutoPilot after build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just ordered a 2023 MY with just the basics to keep the cost down for now but am somewhat interested in EAP. I assume it can be purchased after delivery but is the price still the same as if bought at build time?

Also, for subscription FSD, can you turn it on and off per month? Or is there also a charge each time you change the status of it? And what is the current price/month?

Thanks.

I do not believe EAP will offer you much with 2023 models due to not having Ultra Sonic Sensors. The basic park assist is inferior at this time compared to models with the USS. Keep the money in your bank. If you are really wanting the extra features, wait for the Juniper refresh model, which is expected to start shipping in October 2024. The refresh model is rumored to have more cameras including a front bumper camera and a radar. Rumors that the refreshed front fender cameras will point in both directions instead of the current, just forward. With the current hardware on the 2023 models, I can't see much improvement because there are numerous blind spots that the current cameras can't cover. I have an order for a 2023 Model Y that I should be getting a VIN for soon (ordered 82 days ago) that I am thinking of cancelling and wait for the refresh. I have a 2018 Model 3 with FSD and after driving a co-workers new 2023 Model Y I am extremely disappointed with the park assist offering. It is basically a guesstimate with the distance and completely misses objects as you get close and out of site of the windshield camera. It will tell you stop when you still can pull up at least another 24 inches because it is now out of sight of the windshield camera view.

I do not believe EAP will offer you much with 2023 models due to not having Ultra Sonic Sensors. The basic park assist is inferior at this time compared to models with the USS. Keep the money in your bank. If you are really wanting the extra features, wait for the Juniper refresh model, which is expected to start shipping in October 2024. The refresh model is rumored to have more cameras including a front bumper camera and a radar. Rumors that the refreshed front fender cameras will point in both directions instead of the current, just forward. With the current hardware on the 2023 models, I can't see much improvement because there are numerous blind spots that the current cameras can't cover. I have an order for a 2023 Model Y that I should be getting a VIN for soon (ordered 82 days ago) that I am thinking of cancelling and wait for the refresh. I have a 2018 Model 3 with FSD and after driving a co-workers new 2023 Model Y I am extremely disappointed with the park assist offering. It is basically a guesstimate with the distance and completely misses objects as you get close and out of site of the windshield camera. It will tell you stop when you still can pull up at least another 24 inches because it is now out of sight of the windshield camera view.
Agree with everything you stated. But you’ll pay more for the 2024 - they’ll hike the price on the new model, economy will be better, and with the $7,500 tax credit applied at point of purchase in 2024, Tesla will likely use that as an excuse to charge more. Hope I’m wrong, but I think the current deal is as good as we’ll see over the next few years.

Reactions: FMinMI
OK. Thank you for the info on USS vs Tesla Vision. But unfortunately, we don't want to wait another year to get a new car. But I am somewhat surprised you haven't received a VIN yet given the order was 82 days ago. Seems like most folks are saying 4-6 weeks. Can I ask what you ordered and what options?

And back to my original question - if we want to buy EAP after delivery, does it show up as a $6K option? And what about subscription FSD?

Thanks.

Agree with everything you stated. But you’ll pay more for the 2024 - they’ll hike the price on the new model, economy will be better, and with the $7,500 tax credit applied at point of purchase in 2024, Tesla will likely use that as an excuse to charge more. Hope I’m wrong, but I think the current deal is as good as we’ll see over the next few years.
Yeah, that is what I was thinking, and besides we are looking to get a new car now, not in another year+. Want to sell our Volt while there is still a drive train warranty in effect...