Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot - Lease Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I’m interested in adding EAP to my 22 Model 3 LR. It’s a lease car.

I can’t seem to add the option from my app or my web account (that doesn’t even show my car). Is this something I need to contact my lease car to add?

Also, does anyone know if the trial is available?

Many thanks for any info!

Hello

I’m interested in adding EAP to my 22 Model 3 LR. It’s a lease car.

I can’t seem to add the option from my app or my web account (that doesn’t even show my car). Is this something I need to contact my lease car to add?

Also, does anyone know if the trial is available?

Many thanks for any info!
Why? EAP and FSD are tied to the car so you are wasting your money really.

Reactions: Matt125
Why? EAP and FSD are tied to the car so you are wasting your money really.
Thanks. I get that but I think it’s the case for anyone - EAD and FSD are always tied to the car, regardless of form of ownership?
You don't own the car which is why it doesn't appear in your account. To modify the car you will have to speak to the lease company who own the vehicle.
Thank you - that makes sense! Do you happen to know if it’s easy to do?

Thanks. I get that but I think it’s the case for anyone - EAD and FSD are always tied to the car, regardless of form of ownership?

Thank you - that makes sense! Do you happen to know if it’s easy to do?

If you pay for EAP then you're basically paying £3400 for EAP on a car you don't own, for functionality that is currently very limited, and you will only get to experience until the end of your lease - then the car goes back.

I have EAP on my own Model 3 and certainly wouldn't pay for it for a car I would only have for a lease. You're basically paying for an upgrade on someone else's car.

If you pay for EAP then you're basically paying £3400 for EAP on a car you don't own, for functionality that is currently very limited, and you will only get to experience until the end of your lease - then the car goes back.

I have EAP on my own Model 3 and certainly wouldn't pay for it for a car I would only have for a lease. You're basically paying for an upgrade on someone else's car.
I think the same applies to any type of 'ownership'. No trader/buyer is going to offer you more Money when you decide to change the car due to it having EAP. It's should be seen as dead money regardless of ownership/PCP/lease. It's just if your prepared for that loss or not will determine if you want EAP.

Opinions are divided but I didn’t spec it on my leased MY. I would just be paying for it in higher lease payments and a small amount of BIK.

I wouldn’t mind if it was worth it but my model s has all of the features and I rarely use them.

Auto lane change isn’t quite that, you have to initiate it and it’s normally too slow anyway, especially if you tend to do long journeys when millions of others are ie half term / summer holidays.

navigate on autopilot has been nerfed a bit too. Just isn’t worth it for me.

Personally i these features should be standard. They aren’t because FSD regulations and learning in Europe is way behind schedule.

Ps never use auto park either and used summon about 5 times in 7 years of having a model s. This is excluding the 100 times demo it to family/friends