Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enter GPS coordinates into the navi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Is it possible to navigate to a place of which I only know the latitude / longitude but no name or address? I tried to enter the coordinates into the search bar of the navi in many different formats, but either it didn't find anything or it found a completely wrong location.

I thought the Tesla navi simply queries google maps in the background, but if I enter the same coordinates in google maps it just works.

Yes, that's what I did at the end. Entered the coordinates in google maps on my phone, tried to find the same place on google maps in the Tesla, and placed a pin there.
I find it cumbersome to use my phone, and a bit weird that it doesn't work by entering the coordinates directly if it works on any other google maps.

Hi,

Is it possible to navigate to a place of which I only know the latitude / longitude but no name or address? I tried to enter the coordinates into the search bar of the navi in many different formats, but either it didn't find anything or it found a completely wrong location.

I thought the Tesla navi simply queries google maps in the background, but if I enter the same coordinates in google maps it just works.
I have the same problem by entering the coordinates. Tesla will Navigate to the near by area but not exactly the location as google map does. It can be as much as a few miles away. It must be Tesla software bugs. Tesla engineer shall look into this.