Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entertainment console installed -- videos for my rear seat passengers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The repairs to my car resulting from the rear ender in late June gave me time to consider some additional mods I wanted to make. With three grandchildren I wanted some entertainment for them in the back seats. Also wanted to make that available to adult passengers. But I wanted a fully integrated look. The Revozport entertainment console was the solution. It attaches to the rear center console and provides a slot for an iPad mini as well as two phone charing port and cup holders. I wasn't happy with the iPad mini size so I rigged up a solution using an iPad air. Tried the Pro but there wasn't enough room between the seats backs. The iPad is connected to the car's sound system with bluetooth so the sound for a movie is top notch. I also shot a video with the iPad playing Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.

fullsizeoutput_5f8c.jpeg

Nice. So is that console permanently fixed to the center console, or just slides over the top? Would be handy to have for long drives with our two young boys but would like the ability to take it off when not using.

This looks great. It's something I am thinking of doing. Can you share more details of how you 'rigged up a solution using iPad air'? Thank you.

I used StudioProper devices. A case for the iPad air and a black wall mount disc, which I attached to the Revozsport space for the iPad mini. The case with the iPad air twists on to the wall mount disc and locks it into place. I'll be doing the same kind of mount for the iPad Pro 12.9. But it's so large it needs to extend back so it clears the seat sides and backs. So I'll be using a carbon fiber tube for the extension, with a mount on one end for the wall mount disc and on the other for the iPad 12.9 StudioProper case. I'll post some photos of that when I get it finished, likely next week.

Reactions: davidc18
There new version is also cool. http://www.revozport.com/product/tesla/rec-x But I prefer this version, new version would obstruct view of center mirror, I know we got backup cam, but still. I've been doing extensive research on trying to find a solution thats universal for all tablets. Wanna use with Amazon Fire HD 10, and Microsoft Surface Pro 4, until I get new iPad. Waiting on Water Resistant iPad.

NOthing good so far that goes in between the seats that looks good. I hate the poles, that only have one arm going one way, which I don't thing will work on our Tesla's anyways.

I may try and 3d print something.. my kids love the car but would love to have an iPad in the back for their use.,, I have been looking for a reason to buy a 3d scanner so i can scan items .. wiil scan in the console and see what it looks like. this sounds fun.