Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Envy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate your candor, and I agree it would be good to have a "Plain English" section for NON Geeks. However that still wouldn't apply to my mom (who's almost 60). She doesn't really do computers very well so she definitely wouldn't spend her day reading forums so little nuances like turning on the front defroster and its blue and have to long press to turn it red would frustrate the heck out of her. She would hate her $60,000 car cant defrost a misty window (unwittingly because she didn't know how to switch from blue to red). These simple things if left unchecked (I live 1hr away from her) would eventually turn to buyers remorse and a longing for a simple click of a knob. For my dear mom, the coolest feature in her Mercedes Benz is the analogue clock in the center console.
If the forum was a beginner forum in English and she could ask a simple question and get a simple answer she might. I still haven't figured out how to make it be hot but not on high if you tap it twice it turns to red but also at a very high fan speed.

To @dmurphy:
We have both 2 yo HW1 Model X (3 months prior to HW2!) and I now have a M3 PAWD- and I much prefer the M3. Much more fun car! Except for the slightly smaller size, it is a runner car to drive. Much more nimble. I hope you enjoy it.
Love the exhilaration of the drive and the amazing improvements in Semi-AP. My main difficulty is whether to enjoy the AWESOME driving experience (usually on a curvy back road) or be amazed by the AP functionality (How does it do THAT?). At age 63, I look forward to the next technological advancement! TAKE THAT OLD AGE!

Reactions: docdeb27