Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error code RCM_d074

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since a few weeks I’ve been getting this error on the centerscreen. Goes on and off. Does anybody know what the error code RCM_d074 might be? I know its the 2nd row right side and has to do with the safety system. Could be seat belt, seat belt insert, seat sensor, seat airbag of even door airbag…. Car is out of warrenty so hopefully it’s an easy fix.

Since a few weeks I’ve been getting this error on the centerscreen. Goes on and off. Does anybody know what the error code RCM_d074 might be? I know its the 2nd row right side and has to do with the safety system. Could be seat belt, seat belt insert, seat sensor, seat airbag of even door airbag…. Car is out of warrenty so hopefully it’s an easy fix.
I got something similar, "RCM_d022 Rear right safety restraint system fault" sporadically, also. I am on 2021.4.12. I asked Tesla if they would add this issue to an upcoming service visit and they came back with this:

"..the alert is due to a known Firmware bug that our engineering team is looking into and should be resolved with future Firmware. Please monitor and reach out if the alert comes on and stays on."

I got something similar, "RCM_d022 Rear right safety restraint system fault" sporadically, also. I am on 2021.4.12. I asked Tesla if they would add this issue to an upcoming service visit and they came back with this:

"..the alert is due to a known Firmware bug that our engineering team is looking into and should be resolved with future Firmware. Please monitor and reach out if the alert comes on and stays on."
Still not fixed than because this morning out of the blue I had this error for like 5 seconds and then it was gone. Didn't come back the entire day. Also never had this issue before. (RCM_d022 - Rear Control Module) - I think there must be some hardware issue like a cable on the seat sensor.

See also Safety restraint system fault - Fixed

Reactions: Harvey Danger
RCM_d074 Seat Airbag 2nd Row RH
Connector - X236 -Seat Airbag 2nd Row RH

Attachments

• 2017_ModelX_LHD_SOP6 (March 5, 2018 to April 24, 2019).pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 378
  • 2022-05-23_153049.jpg
    2022-05-23_153049.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 370
Reactions: HackFL
Hi!
RCM_d_040 (X215) PreTens Anchor 1st Row LH
RCM_d_042 (X217, X221) PreTens Shoulder 1st Row LH
RCM_d_067 (X217, X221) PreTens Shoulder 1st Row LH

Attachments

• x221.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 116
  • x217.pdf
    113.3 KB · Views: 88
  • x215.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: HackFL

Can you tell me what was the eventual fix for this?

Any update on this? Just recently got the "RCM_d022 Rear right safety restraint system fault" error in the morning today. Yesterday was having a hard time putting in a new child car seat, the car seat latch was not latching onto the seat bracket at first but it eventually did, maybe it had something to do with it?