Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error CP_a009 and BMS_a063 - not while attempting to charge.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the above two error codes a few times now on my car, always after the car has been sitting overnight in heavy rain or while driving in heavy rain. I've attached some screens of the error code too.

I've logged a service for it and it looks like they've had to order parts to fix it.

Anybody had this error code combination before?

20211101_084305.jpg

I spend way too much time on this forum. I have seen many water related issues. Even had a few myself but I have never had or seen that one before so I think it is a rare water ingress issue, As opposed to the many common water ingress issues

Reactions: Magstauk
I spend way too much time on this forum. I have seen many water related issues. Even had a few myself but I have never had or seen that one before so I think it is a rare water ingress issue, As opposed to the many common water ingress issues
Thank you, I think so too. Only does it when heavy water flow has been on it for some time.
I hope they can replicate it, although they have been in contact and said they have ordered the parts to fix it. So it may be something they've seen in the past and will just fix.

Thank you, I think so too. Only does it when heavy water flow has been on it for some time.
I hope they can replicate it, although they have been in contact and said they have ordered the parts to fix it. So it may be something they've seen in the past and will just fix.
They probably accessed the data records of the car.. Did you give them a fairly accurate date time for when it happened?
From that they can diagnose a lot of things and if they have actually ordered parts without even looking at the car they must be pretty confident about what it is

They probably accessed the data records of the car.. Did you give them a fairly accurate date time for when it happened?
From that they can diagnose a lot of things and if they have actually ordered parts without even looking at the car they must be pretty confident about what it is
Yeah I wrote quite a lot in the description box. Explaining to them exactly what the conditions were when I got the error codes. Let’s hope it goes ok., they already said they may need to push back the appointment as the parts may not arrive in time.

Just a quick update on this.
Car was in at Tesla on wednesday. Got a model S loaner for the day, didn't enjoy it. Was glad to be back in my Model 3 at the end of the day :)

Anyway, they've fixed the issue and below is what they've done to fix it. Not sure what a W cable is but there were pins not sitting correctly.
I don't get the error code anymore.
Screenshot_20211128-213002_OneDrive.jpg

Hi

just seen this. I have had exact same errors.

Charge cable issue was fixed exactly same as yours. The eCall error they think is when I am in a poor signal area. They did not do anything to it as they could not detect a fault over the 2 days they had the car.

Let me know if you see the errors again. I will do the same.

Yes, I’ve had the “unable to charge” error a few times recently but Tesla don’t seem too bothered by it, despite the fact that on some occasions I have been unable to use the car which is a pretty major problem if you ask me! The earliest appointment they offered me was 3 weeks away.

Mine did that for two months until the replacement cable came (Spain). It worked for almost two months but the problem has appeared again. I've been waiting for the charge port replacement for over 3 weeks... No ETA provided yet!

Had these two errors pop up this morning on the drive to work, and the charge light was showing red. It had just charged overnight fine so a bit odd. It's booked in for Tuesday.

Question i have though is do these errors come and go when other have had it? As ideally i'll need to charge again before Tuesday?

Had these two errors pop up this morning on the drive to work, and the charge light was showing red. It had just charged overnight fine so a bit odd. It's booked in for Tuesday.

Question i have though is do these errors come and go when other have had it? As ideally i'll need to charge again before Tuesday?
I had it pop up twice throughout that one day, whilst driving. Charging has worked as normal. If the error hadn’t popped up, I’d be none the wiser.

My car had this problem on and off for about 6 weeks (more on than off). During that time there were two or three occasions where the red light prevented me from charging at home and once at a supercharger. Most of the time, by the time I needed to charge, I could.

Well after they have done some remote diagnosis they say they need to order a part and have the car in for further checks, managed to get a loaner arranged as well. Checked the estimate on the Tesla app which was for a £5.00 which is for some See session, safety cap it says also looks like they are doing some warranty work with the super manifold.

I assume the £5.00 will not actually be charged and just a generic thing as it’s clearly all warranty stuff?

On a side note the drive home was uneventful with no warnings at all, let’s see if it charges overnight…

I have had intermittent problems charging at various places using type 2 ac charging. Sometimes it will charge for 10 minutes then stops . The car has been into service centre and they are going to replace the ac to battery cable when they get one in stock
Problem comes and goes at random times
Will update this after it is replaced and problem persists