Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error notification -Service required

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - trying to figure out a new alert that came up on the dashboard. It reads, “Service is required - use mobile app to schedule service”. If you go to the notifications pop up on the main screen it lists an error code GTW_w026. I can’t find any information about this error code anywhere. Scheduling an appt is possible, but won’t help for weeks. I need to know whether it is safe to drive the car or not. I am in the extended service period with a 2016 Model S, about 60k miles. I did recently swap out the battery for an Ohmmu after getting the 12v alert, but this went without issue and the car was driving fine for about a week afterwards without any alerts.

Anyone else experience this alert or know how to find out what is causing it?

Hey all - trying to figure out a new alert that came up on the dashboard. It reads, “Service is required - use mobile app to schedule service”. If you go to the notifications pop up on the main screen it lists an error code GTW_w026. I can’t find any information about this error code anywhere. Scheduling an appt is possible, but won’t help for weeks. I need to know whether it is safe to drive the car or not. I am in the extended service period with a 2016 Model S, about 60k miles. I did recently swap out the battery for an Ohmmu after getting the 12v alert, but this went without issue and the car was driving fine for about a week afterwards without any alerts.

Anyone else experience this alert or know how to find out what is causing it?
I have the same issue. Did you ever find out what was causing your error? Tesla isn't giving me any kind of diagnostics that make sense.

Here is a thread with issues displaying that error code: