TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ESA Renovation Permit Application Process

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 5_+JqckQttqck, May 24, 2018.

1. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Hello everyone,

Anyone in the community did the permit/inspection on your own and can give me advice on which section of the application form to complete.

I filled out most of it going on common sense (4.2.1) listing all the equipment, outlets, switches etc. in my house.

However, section 4.3 Consumer Service... Do I leave this blank since I'm only adding in a subpanel in the garage and not upgrading my service?

Please advise, and thank you in advance.

Jack

2. rdturner0

rdturner0 Member

Are you doing the work yourself? (subpanel, etc) If not, the electrician needs to do the form.

I've typically just called them (and never actually filled out the form), but usually I've had fairly simple things to describe (like new circuits, replacement meter housing or an EV charger).

I find it's a lot easier to call than mess around with the form.

I wouldn't expect that unless you are changing the service you would have to fill out 4.3 -- they never asked me over the phone for any of that information for work I've done (although I've not yet done a subpanel).

• Informative x 1