Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
End of quarter was an obvious reason. The other reason was most of those delivered in march was people ordering the car after the car arrived in Norway september 2013. They wanted to get a testdrive and see if the early owners complained too much about quality before they ordered. Then using a car in Norway in winter is usually not that much fun, so many delayed the order until the snow was expected to be gone. The price for all the extra equipment also had a massive increase in price around october 2013. If you finalized your order before that you got it at the old price. Those should explain why there was so many orders delivered around that time. The reason they worked so hard to get all the orders delivered I beleive was for the halo effect of them beating all records for single model delivery in one month in Norway. It creates PR, and is a "cool" effect for the Norwegian Tesla organization. You might also add that at that time they did have all their shops and SC up and running 100% so they had the infrastructure to be able to do something like this.

Cobos

48 Model Ss registered in Germany in April: http://www.kba.de/cln_031/nn_330190/SharedDocs/Publikationen/FZ/2014__monatlich/fz10/fz10__2014__04__pdf,templateId=raw,property=publicationFile.pdf/fz10_2014_04_pdf.pdf

Would guess after delivering as much as possible at end of quarter the delivery pipeline had to be filled again first, also deliveries to China... Is in line with lower deliveries for Norway in April as compared to March.

So much for doubling every month, ey?

Well there were 2 registrations in Estonia, but those were both in the first week of April and from Tesla point of view count as Q1 sales as Tesla got the money in March and handed the cars over in March, it just took them a week to get to Estonia. So no new ones. However there will be a bunch in May and from what I've heard the test drive weekend was a huge success with many a sale closed in the week following it so we'll definitely see an increase from Q1 to Q2 :)

Well there were 2 registrations in Estonia, but those were both in the first week of April and from Tesla point of view count as Q1 sales as Tesla got the money in March and handed the cars over in March, it just took them a week to get to Estonia. So no new ones. However there will be a bunch in May and from what I've heard the test drive weekend was a huge success with many a sale closed in the week following it so we'll definitely see an increase from Q1 to Q2 :)

That's encouraging, very good. Keep us updated in the coming months about these Tesla Model S deliveries in Estonia.

That's encouraging, very good. Keep us updated in the coming months about these Tesla Model S deliveries in Estonia.

There's also the fact that by all accounts the subsidy will run out in Q4 therefore people need to place their orders latest in Q3 to get the nice 18 000 eur subsidy ;) So I'm expecting a boom in Tesla sales now that Tesla has semi-officially said they'll open a service center and shop in Tallinn in 2015 :)

Monthly Model S deliveries by country

@Everyone: I am gathering monthly Model S delivery numbers for all of 2013 and 2014 for European countries. Here is what I have so far, would appreciated it if everyone would help fill in the blanks or correct any errors:

Norway:

jul ?
aug ?
sep ?

oct 98
nov 527
dec 553

jan 132
feb 431
mar 1494

apr 172

Netherlands:

jul ?
aug ?
sep ?

oct ?
nov ?
dec ?

jan ?
feb ?
mar ?
(2014 Q1 207)

apr ?

Germany:

jul ?
aug ?
sep ?

oct ?
nov ?
dec ?

jan 30
feb 66
mar 143

apr 48

Belgium:

monthly #s ?

Denmark:

monthly #s ?

Switzerland:

monthly numbers ?

If you have 2013 and 2014 monthly numbers for other European countries not listed above please share!

Germany:

2013-08 14
2013-09 42
2013-10 34
2013-11 57
2013-12 36

2014-01 30
2014-02 66
2014-03 143
2014-04 48

The 2013 numbers are not official, also some confusion about if 60 kWh MSs are included (so might be a few more). Correct me if you know better.

I tried to make this a wiki post with a table for all countries x months, but couldn´t. Does anyone know how to or does it take google docs?

Thanks for the link, that's very helpful for looking up historical monthly figures.

For those of you who are keeping track, keep in mind the total ww number needs to add up correctly. For 2014 Q1, we have approximately:

2014 Q1 Model S deliveries:

USA 3242
Canada 158

NA 3400

Europe 3057

Worldwide Total = 6457

Details:

Norway 2056
Netherlands 207
Germany 239
Switzerland 133
Belgium 136