Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European Owners: which adapters come with the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the US the car comes with the NEMA 14-50 and NEMA 10-30 adapters for the UMC. What does the car come with in Europe? Both the red and blue? Or do you have to choose? Is it possible to charge from a normal (household) outlet, and if so does the car come with that as standard??

In Norway it came with Schuko + 1 choice, you had to choose between red and blue, but most got both since it was only priced at about the equivalent of $90. No-one actually got neither the red nor blue adapter though, since production was lagging behind. They have been starting to deliver them in the last few weeks. I picked up my blue adapter yesterday. Still waiting for the red.

To add to Horst, the 230V 16A Schuko adapter fits into household outlets in most of continental Europe but not Switzerland or Denmark. And you can run into troubles in France. Check wikipedia.
The blue adapter is for CEE 32A 230V single phase whereas the blue "camping ground /RV" socket & plug have 16A only.

To add to Horst, the 230V 16A Schuko adapter fits into household outlets in most of continental Europe but not Switzerland or Denmark. And you can run into troubles in France. Check wikipedia.
The blue adapter is for CEE 32A 230V single phase whereas the blue "camping ground /RV" socket & plug have 16A only.

The blue 16A one-phase plug/socket is actually electrically rated for the same as a Schuko (when fused with a 16A fuse) but the connection is mechanically better and safer, and preferred if you are going to draw a constant 16A over time (this is not recommended from a Schuko plug and probably the reason why Tesla have limited draw at 13A continuous).

Here are my adapters, all (execept the red 32A to 16A) for use with the blue UMC-adapter (alle different one-phase solutions for the road):

adaptersett.JPG

IMAG0482.jpg

Credit for the adapter set goes to jkirkebo who have been producing and selling these at a low premium, with great quality, for fellow Norwegians.

Last edited:
As many have said the car comes with Schuko and one adapter of choice (red for Estonia, got mine in a separate package with winter floor mats (ordered extra) today). However when ordering the car now you can also choose a CHAdeMO adapter (€800) and a Type-II to Type-II cable (€450). For the latter I have no clue about the length, but I bought from LuckyLuke a 6m cable for far less.

I myself purchased an EV box for home (cost €820 with shipping from ratio.nl) that was fully subsidized by the government including installation so I have a permanent fixed Type-II cable to charge with at home, only plan to use the UMC when traveling and at opportunistic charging locations. I'm also in the waiting list for the CHAdeMO adapter as there are tons of charging stations around here and more coming online also in Latvia enabling me to travel far and wide ;)

The EV box I use:
1473047_10151999715731543_76749135_n.jpg