Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

U.S. or european Tesla for Philippines charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no Tesla branch in Philippines. But from the map it looks to me the standard will be Type 2 + CCS2 - although some chargers are Type 1 (most of them). Some are Type 2. Difficult to say, Philippines chooses U.S. vs. European standards pretty randomly.

Another problem is Philippines houses have only single phase AC. Even the distribution wires come already with a single phase only. Single phase would be more for U.S. Wall Connector with 48A single phase using NACS connector and a U.S. NACS Tesla. If Superchargers will be CCS2 one could buy a a non-Tesla 250kW CCS2->NACS adapter.

I was more considering a european Tesla with CCS2 for native Supercharging in the future. That can AC charge 3x16A=11kW. But with single phase does it charge 1x16A=3.7kW or 2x16A=7.2kW? The Wall Connector Type 2 manual describes 1-phase connection and it claims 32A/7.4kW output for 1-phase connection but it does not say with which cars (and their internal AC/DC converters) can achieve that.

Another question is whether european Tesla Model 3/Y supports CHAdeMO adapter. Tesla Australia shop says Model 3/Y do not. Somewhere else I have read european Teslas do not support CHAdeMO. U.S. Teslas support CHAdeMO.

The best I can find is this article from last year. It specifically mentions that The Philippines has not yet settled on an EV charging standard, but that Type 2 and CCS2 are the most popular as most of the chargers are located at European car dealerships.
The Philippines Department of Energy seems more interested in defining the cost of charging an EV and just about every standard plug is shown on the infographic.
If I were a betting man I would go for an EV with Type 2 and CCS2 charging standard but with an out of market Tesla you are pretty much on your own. So that’s a big bet and could be completely wrong.
Good luck.